Bitter Lies[3] The fight

||Olivia||

"If I get my hands on that little-"

So this is what happened.

Lydia came barging into my room the moment that I had opened the door, looking like someone had on the same outfit as herself.

When I told her about what Ben had done, she had immediately said that she was coming over in 3 minutes. Lydia lives 2 blocks away from me because both our mother had been best friends since middle school and they were practically inseparable. It was probably obvious that they would live in the same neighborhood.

She was sat on my bed, practically cursing out Ben, but when she saw my tearstained face, she immediately took action.

It had been exactly 24 minutes since she started insulting Ben.

"Lydia stop" I muttered, wiping some tears that had started to fall. I knew what Ben did, but I still didn't have the guts to hate him. Maybe he had a really good reason as to why he had moved without informing anyone. Or me.

"I'm sorry, Liv, I just don't like that-" Lydia saw that heartbroken look that I gave her, then sighed," sorry."

"Its okay, that's what best friends do" I sadly smiled at her, trying to reassure her that she was forgiven.

"How are you holding up?" Lydia's eyes locked with mine. How was I holding up? It was like I didn't feel anything, but at the same time I kind of expected this to happen.

"I honestly knew this was going to happen someday, but I didn't want to believe it" I said truthfully, biting the inside of my cheeks.

"If it makes you feel any better, we can skip school and have a spa day tomorrow" Lydia suggested, trying to make me feel better even though she was the one who wants to do a spa day.

"Sure" I smiled, making Lydia's frown turn upside down. She always knows how to make me feel better, and maybe a spa day is just what I needed.

"Oh, and Lydia?" I asked, turning my head towards her direction.

She hums in response, staring at the blank walls in deep thought.

"Don't do anything stupid" I stared at her hard, trying to intimidate her,but I probably look like a girl trying to look like a gangster.

"Fine" Lydia huffed dramatically, even though I knew she was lying, I said nothing but lay beside her as I felt the tiredness kick in.

• • • • • •

   || third person||

"Hey kid!" Lydia shouted, as she quickened on her heels. Brad Kingston, the schools player, was Ben's best friend. Which might mean that he knows where Ben is, since no one in this school won't even answer one goddamn question.

Brad turned away from his friend, David Singh, putting his attention to the murderously looking strawberry blonde.

He immediately knew what this was going to be about, so he excused himself and headed over to the glaring girl.

"What-"

"I don't know anything" Brad's eyes dodged her hard gaze. Brad wasn't technically lying, he just knew what Benjamin was going to do.

Lydia pulled him in the janitor's closet, turning on the small little light.

"You could have just asked" brad smirked, crossing his arm over his chest in the small little space they had.

She punched his arm, hard. a scowl evident in her face, as she stepped back a little.

"Stop playing around, and tell me what you know!" Lydia's voice turned deep, which is a thing she always do when she's annoyed.