Ch. 5: Sticks and Trees

Disclaimer: I do not own the lyrics to the song used.

As I stepped onto the stage, I kept telling myself that I didn't care that Slash hadn't come back today. But, to say that, I'd be lying to myself, because as soon as I walked in and realized my boss wasn't going to order me back to the champagne room, I felt my heart sink and I frowned as I put on my make up. The other girls had noticed my obvious lack of peppiness, but I simply told them I was on my period.

It's not that I genuinely cared whether or not Slash came, it was more or less the fact that his absence meant I wouldn't be getting that stack of cash he always brought in for me. So, tonight, I'd have to make due with what I could on stage.

As I tore down the strip, I could feel my hips waving hello to all of the watchful eyes and my breasts bouncing with the joy of being noticed. The wind rushing through my hair as my heels clacked loudly on the ground made me feel as though I was flying. I was in the zone.

The guitar began to pick up as I strutted and I allowed myself to open up and be playful, teasing Jordyn. I grabbed the pole with one hand, letting my body fall back as I made one revolution around the pole, waving and beaming at the crowd. My hair trailed in ribbons behind me.

"She was a fast machine,

she kept her motor clean,

She was the best damn woman that I ever seen!

She had the sightless eyes,

telling me no lies,

Knocking me out with those American thighs!

Taking more than her share,

Had me fighting for air.

She told me to come, but I was already there!

Cause the walls start shaking,

The earth was quaking,

My mind was aching,

And we were making it,

And, you shook me all night long!

Yeah, you shook me all night long!"

I made sure to keep my body loose, enjoying how the colorful lights hit the curves of my body and how the crowd was cheering me on.

"I'm working double time on the seduction line,

She's one of a kind, she's just mine, all mine!

Wanted no applause it's just another course,

Made a meal outta me,

And come back for more!

Had to cool me down to take another round,

Now I'm back in the ring to take another swing!

Cause the walls were shaking,

The earth was quaking,

My mind was aching!

And we were making it!

And, you shook me all night long!

Yeah, you shook me all night long!

Knocked me out, I said you,

Shook me all night long!

You had me shaking and you,

Shook me all night long!

Yeah, you shook me!

When you took me!"

I had lost my thong somewhere around 'the seduction line' and was now preparing to remove my bra. Just as I grabbed at the straps and began to tug them down, I noticed a silhouette seated in the very back of the club. He looked like a tree what with his skinny body and that mass of hair acting as leaves. Beside him sat other shadows of various shapes and sizes. I saw two other trees and a couple of sticks. I realized that he had brought a whole damn entourage. My eyes widened and I froze up.

"You really took me, and you

Shook me all night long!"

I blushed furiously and giggled, my cute chuckle probably saving me from being fired on the spot. I'd just made such a rookie mistake.

"You shook me all night long!

Yeah, yeah, you shook me all night long!

You really got me, and you

Shook me all night long!

Yeah, you shook me!

Yeah, you shook me!

All night long!"

The crowd cheered at my big finish of sliding around the pole upside down, one knee bent to wrap around the pole and the other one sticking straight up along the length of it.

I did a curtsy for the crowd and blew them a kiss before grabbing some cash and rushing off of the stage.

Bill grabbed my shoulder as soon as I got behind the curtain.

"Throw on something sexy, you've been requested in the champagne room."

What the hell was going on?