Chapter 5

Sorry for the wait but I've just found my book with my plans in. Anyway on with the story.

A few days pass and it's finally the weekend and Erwin had arranged to pick Armin up on Saturday evening to go out for dinner. It was 4:30pm when Armin heard knocking on the front door, so he ran to answer it, to reveal a grinning Hanji. "Hey kiddo! Ready to go?" she asked giddily. Armin nodded and yelled back to Eren and Mikasa that he was going and they yelled back, "Alright, have a good time!"

When they got to the resturant they were shown to their table and given menus. "what would you guys like?" Erwin asked while waving a waitress over as he looked through the menu. Armin nodded "I'll have a lasagna," he said. After a moment Hanji looked up from her menu. "I'll have a hamburger and fries please," she said closing her menu. Erwin smiled "steak and chips please. For drinks I think coke all round will do," he said handing the menus back to the waitress. "Alright, the drinks should be with you shortly. While you wait for your food, feel free to go over to our salad bar," she said before walking off

(TIME SKIP)

"Uncle Erwin? When was the last time you saw Grandpa?" Armin asked after he finished his meal. Hanji looked over to Erwin as he thought. "Hm. I guess it was 3 years ago. I was in the nearby college and was out getting lunch when I saw him shopping, you must have been at school. He saw me and started chatting about you. You were the reason to live y'know?" He replied as he put his last forkful of Steak in his mouth. The waitress came back and cleared the table "would you guys like anything for dessert?" she asked as she reached for her notepad. Hanji clapped with a wide smile on her face and reached for the dessert menu and lay it out open on the table, "hmmm, I'm thinking of Chocolate cake, Armin what do you want?" she asked him. He looked at her in slight shock then looked at the menu, "hmm, probably just ice cream." he said as he looked at Erwin, who smiled and picked the menu up and looked through it. I'll have the waffle and ice cream please," he said as he handed the dessert menu to the waitress, who had just finished writing down the order and nodded. "It shouldn't be too long," she said as she walked back to the kitchen.

A few minutes pass and the trio had their desserts, and they began eating and talking. "So Armin, how do you feel about living with me and Hanji?" Erwin asked as he swallowed a piece of waffle. Hanji smiled as she held Erwins' hand. " It's close to your friends, so your not far from them. Plus there is a spare bedroom just waiting to be used up." she said giddily. Armin smiled and thought about the idea for a few minutes, "Would I be able to ease into it? Like a night at a time and work up from there?" he asked looking down and fidgeting. Erwin smiled and nodded, "No need to rush into things. Spend a night and see how you feel, and then you can make a decision." He smiled and ruffled Armin's hair and gestured for the bill as they finished eating their desserts. He paid and left a tip for the waitress. "What shall we do next? It's still quite early." Erwin asked.

TIME SKIP

The rest of the night was spent with going to the Arcade, at Erwins' expense. Armin ran up to Erwin and smiled "Uncle? Could I ask you some questions about grandpa?" he asked. Erwin looked at Hanji who was on the dance machine (doing badly XD) and nodded "sure, but let's go somewhere quieter" he said before going to let Hanji know where he was going. 

They sat down at a table near the arcade where there was hardly any people. "Ok Armin, what is it you want to ask about your Grandpa?" Erwin asked as he looked at him. Armin thought for a moment. "Did he mention anything about my mother and father? He's never told me anything about them, I really want to know what kind of people they were and what they looked like" he said smiling,almost bouncing in his seat. Erwin sighed "Your mother had light brown hair which was always tied up. She had light blue eyes, she loved baking too much she became a baker and made her own business. Your father, my brother, had blond hair, like yours, and bright blue eyes. He worked on the rail road tracks. Sadly they died in a car accident and then you were sent to live with your grandpa. Dad always talked about you and nothing else when I saw him, he was depressed when his wife died years before you were born. But he decided to raise you when the accident happened," Erwin said, looking down at the table.

Before Armin could ask anymore questions Hanji came bounding over, "Erwin,it's getting late, we should get Armin back home before his friends get worried," she pondered, to which he nodded. "We shall talk more about your gramps and parents another time, okay kiddo?" He whispered in Armins' ear while ruffling his hair and all three went to Erwins car.