Chapter 2

It was a day after my birthday and

ok i will not lie and just admit.

I was actually thrilled to see how my childhood friend was doing, and i just couldn't picture how he could look like right now, since i only had one picture of him when he was only twelve or so.

Footsteps are approaching and my moms head pops out of the door while i'm doing my make up.

"Were leaving in a couple minutes." She stated, her voice was hyped.

Her statement made me doubt myself. Was i even ready to face Cameron.

We were kids back then but now we're all grown up, we can't play hide and seek anymore or play with our nintendos.

"I'm almost done." I finished putting on another layer of mascara and corrected my eyeliner.

I had my high waisted denim shorts on and my cropped top on top of that my favorite leather jacket and my docs to finish the look. I looked at myself in the mirror, letting out an insecure sigh.

I brushed through my long wavy dark hair. My hair was the only thing i was proud of, so i let it hang lose.

Before i could slide my phone into my pocket i felt it vibrate with a message from Kendall:

You're birthday was really fun :)

And ohh don't forget to message me when you get there!

I smiled and quickly typed in a reply and ran downstairs.

"Mom i'm ready!" I yelled into the kitchen were my mom was making sandwiches for us.

"Great! Can you help and pack our suitcases into the car. We're kinda running out of time and i still have to check all the papers and tickets."

My eyes searched through the room.

I spotted the suitcases and packed them into the car, one by one.

I was extremely happy, leaving this town, going somewhere where no one knows me. I needed this trip, and i hope it's for the good.

I got back inside, looking at the pictures in the hallway.

If my mom and dad were so happy back then, why can't they be now?

I sighed, feeling a lump form in my throat remembering when me, my dad and mom used to go on trips on my birthday, but now he doesn't even bother to wish me a happy birthday.

"Hey i got everything lets go." My mom looked up at me.

I nodded and we walked out of the door, my mom locked it and we took a last glance at our house.

See you in a week

********

The car ride to the airport was quiet but peaceful.

My mom left the car at a parking garage that was being watched over 24 hours a day, so we wouldn't have to worry about that.

"I'm actually super excited to fly to Miami." I smiled at my mom.

She was happy to hear me say that, ever since she told me about the trip, she was trying her best to make it perfect.

"I'm excited too Vanessa."

We walked to our seats. Within 10 minutes we departed and relaxed into our seats. Me and my mom talked a bit but it was a 2 hour flight so we both cozied up a little too much and fell asleep.

I woke up, my eyes were too tired to open up, but staying asleep wasn't an option too since the stewardess announced we were landing and to fasten our seatbelts.