Forever Must End

Everyday is the same. School is always the same. People are always the same. The only difference in life is my summer. My summer with my grandma. She lives in Los Angeles, California. I go to her house in summer. To get away. My escape. I leave all of my regular life and just escape. I have a wonderful vacation in Cali. Its like a dream.

By the way, I'm not a girly girl. At all. I hate all of that frilly girly stuff. Jeans, hoodie, Vans, that's my game. My best friend on the other hand . . . Total girl. She's into the makeup, boyfriends, and fashion. I put up with it because she's like my sister. We're crazy together. We're trippy together. That's us. Inseparable.

"Allie! You almost done up there?" my mom shouts from the kitchen. I've been packing for my trip for hours.

"Nope! Still packing..." I trail off, frustrated. I get off my bed and run downstairs. My mom is molding a chicken with her bare hands.

"Ah, there you are. Macy came by. Wanted to help you pack," she explains. I nod slowly as she speaks.

"That it?" I ask. She finally looks up.

"Yep," she confirms, licking her lips. I nod again and run upstairs. As I enter, I jump. Macy-my best friend- is sitting on my bed. She bursts out laughing. I just wack her on the arm, and sit next to her.

"Yes! I win!" she yells. We both laugh.

"So are you actually going to help me or what?" I calm down. She takes a breath and nods.

She picks out some dresses, and I shake my head to most of them. Some are actually kinda cute. Yes, that surprises me too. Once I'm done packing, Macy leaves. I grab something to eat, and head off to bed also. Tomorrow I'll be leaving North Carolina for California. I'm so excited.

• • •

"Honey! Leaving in ten!" I hear my mom yell. I open my eyes, and quickly close them again. Its too bright out. I slowly open my eyes again. It mist my around noon already. I stand up and grab my iPhone. Yep, ten til twelve.

I walk downstairs and see that my mom already made breakfast. I grab a plate and fill it up. I sit back down, and scarf it down.

"Hungry?" my mom chuckles. I look up, seriously.

"No time," I explain, standing up. I put my plate in the sink. My mom starts to wash it as I walk away.

I go to my bath room, and strip down. I jump in the shower. The water slides against my shoulders soothingly. I love showers. Once I'm done, I go to my closet. The only clothes left are some sweatpants and a t-shirt. This is comfy for a plane, so I guess I'll wear this.

Macy comes barging into my room as I'm putting on my pants. I jump a little bit, and she laughs.

"Knock much!?" I ask angrily. The smile on her face grows. I can't help but grin a little bit. She sits on my bed and takes a deep breath.

"I can go!" she exclaims. Now my smile is huge too. I sit down next to her once I'm dressed.

"Yah! This is going to be so much fun!" I say excitedly. We jump on my bed. After our little spas fest, we grab our suit cases to put them in the car.

Once they're in the car, we both get in. I'm driving, she's passenger. I say goodbye to my mom, and we're off. Just like that. I'm going to Cali with my best friend. This I'd going to be an exciting summer.