Chapter 6

*Brent's POV*

I run up the stairs ahead of her. By the time I get to the top, I'm exhausted. I jump onto her bed and wiggle my eyebrows. She comes into the room and looks really awkward. She says she doesn't want that today, whatever "that" is.

I reach for her hand, and she lets me grab it. We just sit there, enjoying this moment. I love being with her. She just makes me happy. I want her to know that, but I think she wants us to just be friends.

As I think that, she leans in. She plants her lips in mine. I guess I was wrong. Maybe I just wanna be friends... I put my hand on her cheek, not thinking. I enjoy the kiss for a moment, then I pull away. I'm not ready for this.

"Not today," I tell her. She looks so hurt. I did hurt her, but I'm just not ready. I get up and tell her a few more things. She still has this heartbroken look in her eyes, though.

I walk out and say bye to her grandma. I walk out and to my house. I'm only a few houses down from hers. Its a good walking distance away. I go to my door and grab the key. I open it up and its empty. That's usually how it is.

I go up to my room; I need to think things through. I lay down on my bed and make a loud sigh. I just sit there breathing loudly. My room is freezing cold, so I get under my covers.