Chapter 4

Allie's POV

The Next Day

Macy and I are going to the beach today. I'm so excited to go out and just enjoy the sun. For some reason, I can't get Brent out of my head. The way he talked, his smile, his outfit. Him. I actually miss him, and I don't know why.

I walk into Macy's room and yell at her to get up. She got kinda drunk last night, so she might have a hang over. She slowly turns over, and I see the bags under her eyes. I laugh at the sight of hung over Macy. She has never been drunk in her life.

She eventually get up, and waddles into the bathroom. I hear puking, and she comes out looking awful. I go back to my room and get my swim suit on. Its a turquoise, spike studded bikini. I love this one. I curl my hair, and do waterproof makeup. When I walk out, I see Macy. She looks alot better. I can tell she put a lot of concealer on though.

"How are you," I ask. She looks at me, like its obvious how she is. Which it is. She is completely hung over.

She's wearing a neon pink ruffled bikini, and her hair is natural. We walk downstairs, and my grandma is making breakfast. Her eyes widen when she sees us.

"You too look so grown up!" she exclaims. I laugh. Macy on the other hand just looks like she wants to puke. She probably does, to be honest.

"Thanks, I think," I say while laughing. She grabs some plates and serves us some food. I take my first bite, but Macy dives right in. I guess she wad hungry.

"This is so good!" she explains. I laugh at how food deprived she looks. Once we're done, we leave and go to the beach. I don't think my grandma what's us leaving everyday, but I want to enjoy Cali. I think Macy would say so too, if she felt better. I forced her to come anyways.

It only takes like thirty seconds to get to the beach, considering my grandma lives on it. I instantly run into the water. Macy just lays down to tan. I swim through the water, and enjoy the soft waves. I love California beaches. They're absolutely perfect.

After about a half hour of swimming, I decide to get out. I take a short walk on the warm sand. I start to walk back to our spot. I'm looking down at my feet, when I feel something hard in front of me. I stumble back, and look up. Its Brent.

"Hey, Allie right?" he asks. I nod my head. He smiles. "I didn't think I would see you here!"

"Same," I say stupidly.

"Hey, so, I was wondering, can I have your number?" he asks nervously. I blush, and just stare at him for a minute. Why do we always do this?

"Um, sure," I agree. He hands me his phone, and I put my numbed in. I take a selfie, and set it as the profile pic.

I hand him his phone back and he smiles. I guess he saw the picture. I hand him my phone, and he put his number in. He does the same, and takes a selfie. When he hands me my phone back, I look at the picture. Its adorable.

We say goodbye, and I head back to Macy. How does Brent do this to me? He makes me feel...safe. And over all, just happy.

When I get back to our spot, Macy isn't there. I know she took her phone, so I call her. She immediately answers.

"Allie! H-help, I, this guy he, and then-"

"Slow down! Its okay," I interrupt. I'm shaking now.

"Okay, I was just tanning. A-and this guy came up. He started to flirt, and I flirted back. T-then he came really close! And t-took me! His name is Jackson, and I have no idea where I am!" she says really quickly. By now, I'm on the verge of tears. Two days here and Macy has already been kidnapped. This is awful.

"Its okay, I'll find y-" I stop once I realize the call ended. Oh god. Anything could happen to her. Anything.

All of a sudden I feel a tap on my shoulder. I jerk around, and Brent is standing there. He always just appears.

"Hey, are you alright? I cam over here cause you look freaked out," he says. I look him straight in the eyes. Mine are now blurry now from built up tears.

"No! My friend Macy was here, and I called her. She's been kidnapped!" I practically yell. Now his eyes are wide.

"What!? What does she look like?" he asks quickly.

"U-uh, she has long brown hair, and brown eyes!" I explain,"She's tall, and tan!"

"Okay lets look everywhere for her!" he instructs. I do as told and start running around. I can't see her anywhere, and I start to loose hope.

I decide to look in some of the buildings, and she's nowhere. What if I never see her again? My best friend just gone! Forever. I won't let that happen. But, I can't help but think what will happen.

All of a sudden, I hear her voice. Her screaming. Terrified. How does no one hear her? I run to the voice, and see nothing. The screams are piercing now. Loud, straight in my ears. Where is she?

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry this is a day late, but it wouldn't upload yesterday😞 Well, I hope you liked this chapter! Kinda crazy, I know😏 ilysm😘