》Chapter 5 |Are You Hurt?

■○•~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~■•○Hey guys! I'm back with a new chapter "FINALLY"

Hey guys! I'm back with a new chapter "FINALLY". I know it has been awhile but believe me I was very busy and preoccupied by my work but thank God all is over now so here you go! By the way,take a look at the gif above😇🙄💓and tell me how you feel about it.
■●○•~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~■●○°

Atkinson's POV
Her body,her simplicity,her emerald eyes filled with sparkles,her hair,all her features and her everything....why was I even thinking about her?Was I wrong about Sarah Mandragon?Was she a completely different woman from what I thought her to be from the start?

"NO! You have nothing to do with her! Absolutely nothing!",I reprimanded to myself as I got in the car for my way to home.

It was an unusual evening and and it was drizzling like never before,thunderstorms too could be heard. On reaching home, I went straight into my room and collapsed directly into my bed. I closed my eyes and took a deep breathe. On that particular moment, my phone rang!

It was from the hospital in which my mother was admitted. I was anxious on seeing the call,all types of thoughts travelled my mind but I had to answer.

Doctor: Hello there,Mr.Rhodes! I am sorry but we have some bad news.

Me: WHAT!!! WHICH NEWS!!!!!

Doctor: Your mother just passed away.

Me: WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU ARE YOU SAYING! DAMN IT!!! WILL YOU SAY SOMETHING DAMN IT?!!!!!!

Doctor: Mr.Rhodes I know it's a difficult phrase but please......

Before I could utter anything,the phone dropped from my hand and fell down.

I was in trauma to know that my mother was no longer in this world. I was mad, I was angry,I was sad and for the first time I felt like an emptiness was taking over me,tearing up my insides.My world which was always empty and mysterious since my childhood tormented me. Life has always been harsh with me, I never had a childhood like others,I was never loved my father, my mom had to raise me alone,on her own as we were poor. My dad was a drunkard and when he came back home at midnight,he had the habit of beating my mom. My mom put me in a safe and secure room so that dad couldn't beat me. Even today,I have goosebumps when I recall it.

2 hours later...

In life, my mother had a ready smile and knowing eyes although all the pain she had to endure. In death she is ghostly pale, her lips already bluish. Though her eyes are closed she doesn't have the appearance of sleep, even in deep slumber there are tiny movements and a healthy glow to the skin. This corpse, so still on the earth, is her flesh and seeing it is how I know she has departed. She has left me for a new life, for whatever follows this existence. Yet, even though I know she's gone, I kissed her head lightly and stroked back her ivory hair. It was part of bidding her farewell and making a wish that we will together again in whatever will come next. I would follow her anywhere, protect her anyway I could, that's love.