》Chapter 13 | Revelation

In the City Hospital,

Doctor POV/Atkinson POV

Doctor : Mr. Rhodes, it's some serious matter. Is she your wife?

Atkinson: No...sh...she's my employee and...future...-sorry forget it... Please tell me what's wrong with her doctor. Is she not fine?

Doctor : She is very stressed Mr. Rhodes. She has gone through a lot those days and she needs rest otherwise this can be risky for her health. She is mentally very affected and until she gets fine , someone will have to look after her and take full care of her. She might also be needing attention.
And I'm sorry but... *bows face in sadness*

Atkinson : But what doctor please tell me.

Doctor : I found some substances in her body. Some poisonous substances. It seems like someone has given her this on pur-

Atkinson :  What the! Are you saying that she has been drugged?

Doctor : Absolutely Mr.Rhodes.

Atkinson : But.... *thinking* who would ever do-  THAT FREAK ROBERTO !!!!

Earlier on this day. . . . . . . . . .
He remembered that glass of water in which Sarah was drinking. He also noticed that Roberto's gaze wouldn't leave this glass of water. He knew that it was him.

Doctor:  Keep your calm. For now , it's important to look after her.

Atkinson : May I see her?

DoctorNo not for now. She might regain consciousness in a few hours. I've managed to kill the substances.

Atkinson : Thank you!

Atkinson POV
I went back to Sarah's house to get to know what kind of drug Roberto had mixed with the water. I stepped in and I saw her mother sitting on the edge of her bed. She didn't saw me but it seemed like she was weeping over something. She was talking to herself and I heard the following :

"....Sorry dear , it's been 21 years now and this incident is still etched in my heart. I've kept this secret ,a secret which will take you from me. Your dad was an indeed kind man. He worked day and night for my husband   and the latter was a completely different man from your dad Sarah. He used to beat me so much. When your dad who was working with him found out about his illegal activities , he was about to inform the police about it. Unfortunately , my husband found out about this and made a conspiracy against him. This accident wasn't an accident but a plot against your parents Sarah...I'm so sorry my child...but as we say : "what goes around , comes around". On this curse night,  my evil husband died too by accidently falling in a ditch due to the rain and you were only 3 years then...."

I was astonished to death knowing this truth. Poor Sarah, she doesn't even know about this. She would be completely shattered and petrified hearing this statement.

I went back to home feeling very exhausted and freshen up. I opened my cupboard and I saw a twinkling thing. It was Sarah's ankle chain which she dropped into the car, I grabbed it and shook it ; it made a cute pleasurable sound. The sound which I used to hear when she used to walk. I wondered whether she heard my confession before she faint. I wanted to protect her. I wanted to be with her. I still wonder whether she would forgive me. I've mustered so much courage to confess to her and I hope that my efforts did not go in vain. Meanwhile my phone rang and my friend , Conard, who is a scientist indeed revealed to me that this water contained drug. I was so furious and I went to lodge a complaint against Roberto at the Police Station. I hope actions will be taken against him.