1. Flashbacks and New Beginnings

Selena's POV

I smiled as I finished making dinner and set it on the table. I took a seat and waited a few minutes for Dylan to come home. 

Lately he's been coming home later and later, but the last time I brought it up I got a slap to the face and nearly choked to death, so I knew for my own good I probably shouldn't do that again.

I hate the way he treats me like I'm his own personal rag doll or something that he can just play with and beat up whenever he wants, but I know deep down he's a good guy and that the boy I fell in love with is still in there somewhere.

''Selena, I'm home.''

I snapped out of my thoughts and stood up out of the chair, straightening out my blue dress with my hands.

I made my way over to the front door where I saw Dylan taking his coat off. He was still in his police uniform and looked a bit drunk.

''Hi.'' I greeted him with a small smile.

''Sorry I'm late, I was at the store getting you something. You look gorgeous, by the way.'' he said as he gave me a kiss on the cheek.

It's the times like these where I regret ever even thinking about leaving him because of how kind he is. This guy, this is the real Dylan. This is the Dylan I married and love being with.

''Thank you.'' I said with a smile. ''But you didn't have to get me anything.''

He looked at me as if I were crazy and laughed. ''Of course I did, it's our three year wedding anniversary. Now close your eyes and turn around.''

''What?'' I asked with a small laugh.

''Just do it.''

''Okay.'' I stated as I turned around, closing my eyes.

I felt him move my long dark brown hair to the side and then felt something cold wrap around my neck.

''Ok, open!'' he said excitedly.

I slowly opened my eyes and looked down to see a shiny diamond necklace wrapped around my neck.

I put a hand over my mouth and smiled. ''It's beautiful, thank you.'' 

I walked towards him and gave him a small hug as my way of saying thanks.

''Anything for you.'' he stated with a smile. ''So what's for dinner?''

''I made steak and cherry pie for desert, it might be a little cold but I put plates over it all to try and keep it warm.'' I said as I made my way back into the kitchen, Dylan following behind me.

He took a seat at the table and poured himself a glass of wine without saying anything. I just stared and then slowly took my seat at the other end of the table.

We ate our dinner pretty much in silence, with the occassional small talk here and there.

Once we were finished with the steak I began clearing up the dishes and took the bottle of wine with me to put it in the wine cabinet before a hand sharply gripped my arm.

''Where do you think you're going with that?'' he asked, his voice in a completely different tone now. A scary tone.

''N-n-nowhere. I was just about to pour you some more.'' I replied nervously, pouring the liquid into his glass.

''If you have a problem with me drinking, then say it.'' he said angrily.

I shook my head and shot him a nervous smile as I lied through my teeth. ''I don't..there's no problem, really.''