Chapter 9

"My answer is yes. I accept your deal." Malon smiled devilishly. "Perfect! You choreography the routines and we'll perform them in front of an audience," she happily said, "I don't think we'll have much trouble attracting the media. After all the famous Malon Lonlon is here." Malon boasted while admiring her manicured nails. To think, I use to look up to her as a role model and now I would do anything to get away from her. Guess the media lies more than I thought. Link walked over and held his hand out. His features were stern. Malon excitedly shook his hand and sashayed away to who knows where. I sighed, relieved that this situation would be settled soon. We heard a loud bang come from up the stairs and whirled around to see Aryll at the top of the stairs holding her cellphone. She smiled nervously and rushed back to her room. We burst out laughing at Aryll's crazy antics. Aryll's always so nosy, but I wouldn't have her any other way.

I walked into Link's bedroom. I called out to him, but he didn't seem to notice me. He always gets like this whenever he's choreographing a new routine. He sat at his desk wearing his earphones and his shoulders were slightly slumped. I sat on his bed and watched him figure out what jumps to use and what transition would look the best. His face would change from a look of satisfaction to a face of displeasure whenever he came across a part he didn't like. His nose would scrunch up and he would run his hand through his hair, trying to figure out what should come next. I snuggled up on his bed just watching him work. I wonder what theme he's going to use. Last year it was energetic and positive. The music was upbeat and brought a smile to my face whenever I skated to it. I heard him humming along to the song. I tried to figure out what it was, but I couldn't quite make out the lyrics. I can ask him later, I thought to myself. I curled up with the blanket and drifted off into sleep.

I felt an arm wrapped around my waist. I looked to the side and saw Link fast asleep next to me. His hair was tousled in every direction. I snuggled closer to him and felt his arm tighten around me. I blushed, my cheeks stained a beet red. I leaned my ear against his chest and heard the slow rhythmic beating of his heart. His heartbeat was soothing. He looked content, even in his sleep he was smiling. I reached my arm out towards his desk and tried to find his phone. My fingers brushed against its plastic cover. I smiled, happy that I had accomplished my goal. I typed in his password. I wasn't checking his texts or anything, not like he would hide something from me anyway. I scrolled through his phone and found exactly what I was looking for. I put the earphones in and listened to the mystery song I had been so curious to listen to. I automatically recognized the song as soon as the tune started. The song was slow and kind of depressing, but sweet at the same time. This was definitely not the song I was expecting. This sound was very unlike Link, but I can understand why he would choose it, after all it's the song his mother use to sing to us when we were little.