Chapter 1

Aria's POV

"Are you dead?"

I grudgingly opened my eyes to see Liv with a bored expression on her face as she poked my left cheek. Swatting it away, I placed the pillow over my face. She made a tsk sound and walked to the other side of my bed, her heels making an annoying sound as it clicked with each step.

"Are you seriously going to ignore me? Your only best friend?" I held out my thumb at her, keeping both of my eyes closed.

Then I heard a click.

"Did you.... Just take a picture of me?" I opened my eyes just in time to see the smirk on Liv's face as she typed away on my phone. Once she was done, she chucked my phone to my bed.

"Liv Elinor Thompson, what did you do?" I grabbed my phone and check the only media account that I had- soundcloud. I let out a sigh of relief when I found out nothing had changed in my account. But then... what did she do on my phone?

"Now that I've got your attention, let's go out. I'm bored," Liv said.

"When are you never?" I mumbled.

"Aria please. Do you really want me around here?"

I thought over her so called "threat" and realized that I didn't want that; I certainly did not want her to stick around annoying me the whole day. Groaning, I kicked the comforter off my legs.

"I'll take that as a yes. Be ready in 15!"

I couldn't help but sigh. There was no way she'd let me stay at home today. I've been ignoring her desperate pleas for the past few days just so I would go with her to the mall. But I would always end up telling her, "I'm too lazy".

Sadly, that excuse won't work today seeing that she's already here and most likely had asked permission from my mom already. Who probably felt ecstatic to hear that her "antisocial" daughter was finally leaving her room. It's not that I'm 'anti social', I just prefer spending time at home reading books.

"You better be getting ready up there, Aria Elise, or I'll do it for you!" Liv yelled from downstairs. I huffed and decided that there was no point in arguing with Liv.

When we arrived at the mall, it is just how I predicted it to be- boring. I don't understand how some people manage to stay here for more than an hour, and come home with only one bag. What else are you to do here?

"Do you want to grab some coffee or anything?" Liv asked out of the blue.

"Yeah, coffee sounds okay."

As we made our way to the coffee shop, a mini bookshop caught my attention.

"Liv, I'll just meet you there. I just have to check something out." My best friend shrugged her shoulders at me, probably not even caring if she even listened to what I just told her.

I scanned the furnished shelves with hopes of finding the book I've been meaning to buy.

"There you are." I said as I reached for the book.

"War of Art: Break Through the Blocks and Win Your Inner Creative Battles by Steven Pressfield." I contained myself from squealing and calmly made my way to the cashier.

"Oh wow. It's been awhile since this book has been touched by anybody. You're a songwriter?" The old lady behind the cashier asked.

"Yeah... well sort of. Still getting a hold of it," I smiled genuinely at her.

"Well good luck. You're young, so you still have a lot to learn." She handed my book after I paid for it and waved me goodbye.

Before I even took a step out of the shop however, I was pushed back inside. I was about to yell out all the curse words that I knew but a hand clasped over my mouth.