Chapter 8

The girl was angelic and bold. 

Busy with her camera, she was still not aware of Ranvijay's looming presence. He stole the opportunity to mark her distinctiveness with each steadying step; wavy hair down her back, voluptuous chest squeezed into a black liner and endless legs encased in black slacks. She had thrown over a floral shrug. She was standing sideways, revealing the outline of her body to his hungry eyes.  

In the circumference of his vision, she was a pinned deer unknown to the prowl of her predator. Ranvijay frowned, trying and failing to kill the desire to see her face which was hidden in the thin curtain of her hair as she bent her head to check the pictures. Bewitched, Ranvijay was treading to her without listening to Veer's murmured warnings and just as she retreated a step back, her back collided with his front and she startled. 

Grabbing the air in her fists, she tried to balance herself and nosedived into the pool, splashing water onto the sunbaked pavement. Ranvijay widened his eyes in shock and palmed his face when he registered what suddenly happened in a fraction of a second. 

Shit! 

He stooped on his knees, extended a hand to her, "I'm sorry. Come on, give me your hand." 

Wrestling against the water and gasping, she came up on the surface and tilted her face towards him. When her angered gaze stopped on his face, Ranvijay felt air knocked out of his lungs. His heart drummed in his ears and his throat went dry. He was mesmerized with her beauty. 

She turned to him, water lapping around her waist. An undeniable, unconscious pull stormed in the pit of his stomach as his eyes trailed down her face to her neck and furthermore. Her shiny curls snaked around her neck; her hair were waves and waves of melted bronze poured around her milky face and tempting water drops on her lips, threatening to skim their way down her chin, into the sleak valley of her cleavage. 

He swallowed hard, amazed at the physical reaction he got from his body. He was already hard. So much that it was getting uncomfortable for her. He had never reacted in such a way before and her effect on his body was unconvincing. He grew flaming hot when she brushed both hands down her face, wiping the wetness and swam to him, glaring him silently. 

Ranvijay cleared his throat and murmured. "I'm sorry. Let me help you." He prepared himself to pull her out but just as she clasped her soft hand into his firm reach, a tornado of frustrating sensations smacked him with a powerful stroke. Her feather touch transformed his semi inflated length into a raging boner. 

In order to distance himself from her, he exerted force and ended up backpedaling a few steps with her latched onto his body. She was right on his face; her body stuck to his and her gorgeous face just a millimetres apart from his blank one. Nothing could get worst for him because his hands started shaking and he didn't trust himself for not committing anything stupid. Their eyes were locked, breathing elevated and senses high.

Hazel eyes saucers, she jumped back from him quickly and swiped her wet locks back. Ranvijay was sure he had seen a tint of pink on her glowing cheeks. But, the hue could be the sign of her anger because she glowered at him, compressing her lips together. "Should I expect an apology or will you just gawk at me?" She didn't give him a chance to speak. "How hard is it to walk carefully? What—are you blind?" 

"I…" Ranvijay forced a syllable out, making up his mind that there was nothing annoying when she had moved away from him. He was strangely loving her feel; her flushed body against his and her grapes fragrance all over him. "I'm sorry."

"I could've been seriously injured." Strangely, she wasn't in the mood to accept the apology. She folded her arms over her chest, making the outline of her chest more available to his sight. He scratched the tip of his nose and stepped forward. She tensed her forehead and was about to move back but he grabbed her forearm and stalled her, "Stop."