Chapter 9: Too late

Seung Hyun practiced so hard that day, even if he could barely get the steps right, he still tried his best not to screw up - so he can leave the premises just in time to reach Namsan tower before 5 pm. The thought of seeing her again made him ecstatic, and made him work even harder. The night before he kept on reading the reply Kate sent, he read it more than 5 times to make sure he understood what she really said. 

At the other part of Seoul, Kate was happily going around the shops  - she thought of buying a red dress to wear for her meet up with Seung Hyun. After shopping and eating, she rested for a while before she started to fix her hair, and put a little make up on. Then she headed towards Namsan tower. She arrived early, because she wanted to walk around before she heads to the place where they will be meeting. 

"Seung Hyun, neo gal su eobs-eo." (Seung-hyun, you can't go.) Seung-hyun's manager said. 

"Mwo?! Hyung, naneun gaya hae." (What? Big brother, I have to go) he explained. 

"Andue shiro. Mianhajiman igeol kkeutnaeya hae Seung Hyun" (No way. Sorry we  have to finish here, Seung-hyun.) he answered; Seung Hyun couldn't do anything even if he wanted to go he was not permitted to. He kept on looking at his watch, it was already past 4 pm. 

Kate took pictures of the surrounding views at Namsan, she saw the love locks there in different colors - it somehow gave the place it's distinct personality. It was already 4:45 pm, she went to the pavilion near Namsan Tower. There were steps there, and she decided to sit down while waiting for him.

It was 5:30 pm and still they were in the studio - they still haven't perfected the routine that was needed for them to do, to be performed in front of their CEOs. Before he knew it it was already 8pm.

Kate was waiting there for 3 hours, she doesn't know what to think or do. She wanted to wait longer but her flight the next day was at 2 am in the morning. She had to fix her things for her flight and head towards the airport by 11pm. 

"Nasaan ka na?" she asked under her breath. The air was getting a little cold - she wished he would come. "30 minutes pa Kate, antaying natin 30 minutes pa." she replied. 

It was already 8:10 pm, and finally their rehearsals were done. He went straight into the locker room and headed right away to the subway going to Myeongdong - and he'll take a bus from there or maybe a taxi, whichever was faster. Luckily the subway was not that full.

8:30 came and still there was no sign of him. "15 minutes pa, sige bibigyan kita 15 more minutes." she tried to bargain.

He finally arrived at the entrance part of the cable car going to Namsan. He felt his heart was going to explode "Naneun geunyeoleul bol pil-yogaissda." he told himself. Finally the cable car arrived at Namsan, he quickly  went out and ran towards the stairs going up. It was already 9:00 pm - he was wishing and hoping she will still be there.

9:03 pm came and Kate was still there. She wanted to wait some more but she needed to go, she stood up and walked, she walked at the farthest part of the place, there were stairs there that was also clad with locks. Once she walked down the first few steps, Seung Hyun arrived at the pavillion. She wasn't there anymore, he looked around searching for her - there was no sign of her. He ran towards the tower and wished maybe she was there looking at the skyline.

She went inside the cable car, it began to descend, she looked at the tower from where she was standing in the car. She wondered why she didn't come - she told herself that she will email him right away when she arrives at the hotel. She wished he will read it and that maybe he can go to her hotel. "Bakit di ko ba kasi yun naisip? Paromantic pa kasi siya Namsan Tower tlga... Edi NGA-NGA tuloy" she told herself slapping her forehead with her hand and giving a deep sigh. 

He almost looked around every nook and cranny, but there was still no sight of her. It has been an hours since he arrived there. Kate was nowhere to be found. 

Once she arrived at her room she instantly emailed Seung Hyun, then she fixed her things. Before she knew it, it was already 10:30 pm - she had to check out and get a cab so she can be brought to the train station where she can ride the train going to the airport. 

He had to leave Namsan  - he really didn't know where to go and find her. "Why did I forget to ask her where she was staying?" he asked himself. "Naega babo!" (I'm stupid)

She went to the airport now, she hoped she saw him for the last time - but she thought that maybe some things are just meant to stay that way without any continuations. Maybe her story with him is just they way it was - exactly the way it was meant to be. Just like that she stored his memory in her heart - locking it away, hoping but not expecting to see him someday; maybe one day.