Chapter 14: Bargaining

The auditions and the rehearsals went perfectly well as planned; both the agency and the members were very happy with the results of the rehearsals. They were very pleased with the way Kate has handled her job and amazed by how she could easily trouble shoot  things without compromising the quality and the time spent during practices. YG decided that they should all take a 1 week break, go to wherever they wanna go or if they want to stay at home it was also okay with him. 

The members gathered together, before Kate exited the conference room they called her to come over to them. 

"Noona" Seungri exclaimed, she looked back at them as they waved at her signaling that she should go to where they were sitting. She walked towards them.

"You should come with us - we're planning a get away trip to Jeju." Daesung said - the word Jeju somehow made her feel as if it was certainly not a good idea to go with them. Their anticipating faces were all looking at her - she knew that she really cannot talk herself out of this proposal, in short she certainly did not have any choice at all. They were bound to leave that night - it was such short notice and perfect because the paparazzi wouldn't even suspect that they will be leaving Seoul that night. Based on their schedule they had rehearsals the whole week. 

They all went their separate ways and talked that they will all be meeting at the airport. She arranged the things she will be bringing, and she will be picked up by Jaesuk 2 hours before their flight. 

She finally arrived at the airport - the 5 guys were nowhere in sight. She opted to wait for them near the checkin counter. She sat there for 15minutes, until someone all dressed in black with a cap, shades, and face mask on sat beside her. She did not notice who it was. 

"Let's go check-in now" he said, upon hearing that deep voice she realized it was TOP.

"Could you have been more discreet? What are you wearing? It's kind of obvious having that attire - it is so celebrity-esque."

"Don't you worry, this attire works; at about once in every 10 times. This is my 10th time, so it should work now." he jokingly replied. 

"We have to wait for them, where are they anyways?" she asked.

"We have to check-in first and they will just follow afterwards - we can't checkin together because we will draw attention to ourselves, which will definitely spoil the disguise."

"Oh geez, you actually call that a disguise?" she exclaimed letting out a fake laugh. He frowned at her, and she stopped laughing "Ooookaaay... We better check in now" she added. They walked towards the check-in counter. Obviously they knew who he was, just one look at his identification card they knew he was TOP of BigBang. He talked to them in hangul, they swooned over him, nodded at whatever he was saying. 

Kate did not know what the ladies and TOP were talking about; but it must have been something about not telling anybody that they saw him. He then happily signed a piece of paper with a dedication and gave it to the two ladies. 

He really knew his way around women. After checking-in they quickly went into the business class lounge - where they waited for the other 4 members. 

TOP received a message from the other members.

"Oh no..." he said.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

"Daesung said he needed to fly to Japan, for something important - he cannot fly with us to Jeju today, but he will go there after 2 days."

"That's too bad though, I thought he was excited to get some fresh air... How about the others.?"

"GD had his flight moved to tomorrow, because he'r currently stuck in the studio finishing something. Taeyang on the other hand is not replying to my messages nor even answering my calls. Seungri, I still do not know if he can make it on this flight, but he will surely come." he said. 

They boarded the plane, and still no sign of Seungri anywhere. Kate was starting to feel as if something was fishy - but she trusted what the other members said and she will just have to wait for them to arrive. 

The plane departed on time - there were only the two of them for now that was going to Jeju. She tried to convince herself that it was going to be a good trip because she will enjoy nature. She plans of going up the mountain - even if she will be alone. 

They arrived at Jeju airport. "Could you rent a car for us?" TOP asked her. 

"Why don't YOU go ahead and do it? Are you bossing me around?"

"Of course not. It's that I'm afraid they will easily know me if I hand to them my driver's license. Before you know it the two of us will be the first pages of the tabloids by tomorrow." he explained. He did have a point, and she was not in the mood to argue. 

She rented a car for them, they walked into the parking lot and looked for the car  the rented out. TOP went inside the car and ignited the engine; it was already past midnight. She actually forgot to ask if which hotel they were staying at. TOP drove the car, Kate was dozing off; and before she knew it she fell asleep in the car - of course now with seat belts on. 

She felt the car being parked, and the engine stopped. She opened her eyes and saw a beautiful villa - it was certainly not a hotel.

"Where are we?" she asked her eyes squinting as the lights of the light poled outside the house were bright.

"We're at a friend's rest house. Our close friend lent it for us for the week." He took her things from the trunk and they walked into the house. It was beautiful, the villa was situated in front of the sea - you could hear the splashing of the waves when you go to the balcony. The sea cannot be clearly seen, only the reflection of the moon against the calm water. Far ahead you can lights from boats being lit. It was already 1:13 am, tucked at the side of balcony you can see a flight of stairs that leads you towards a private shore. It must be beautiful to see at dawn - and watch the sunrise, she thought. 

There were 5 rooms in the villa, it has a white and black color palate that simply makes everything look minimalist and elegant at the same time. 

They decided to sleep, as both of them were tired. Kate went inside one room, and TOP went inside the room right next to hers. She decided to use the bathroom, she opened the door and was startled to see TOP there with his shirt off --- they actually had a shared bathroom.

Her eyes widened with the sight of his half naked body, he was also staring at here with a baffled expression on his face. Both of them just stood there for a good 5 seconds before they actually reacted.

"I'm sorry." She said covering her eyes, but leaving little spaces between her fingers - trying to steal a few glimpses of his toned body. It was her first time seeing his bare body, she never did imagine it to be that way. She has seen bodies of other men before, but he got her more intrigued. 

"Close the door!" he exclaimed. Then she quickly shut the door, removed her hands from her face and felt her blood rush through out her body. 

"Why do I suddenly feel so hot?" she asked herself. She opened the balcony door and walked out to get some fresh air. When her heart began to beat back to it's normal pace, she went back in and used the bathroom- this time making sure that the door at the other end was surely locked. She wouldn't want him seeing her half naked - that would definitely be another story. 

He laid his head on the pillow, smiled as he remembered the look on her face when she saw him shirtless. 

"I'm sexy" he boastfully thought to himself, satisfied of what had just happened. 

Then as he lied down, staring at the ceiling, he felt restless - he couldn't bare the idea that she was just right next door. Just a few feet away from him - his body longed for her touch, he has been imagining how it would be to have her in his arms again; and the thought that she would gladly embrace him too. As he imagined, it sent shivers up and down his spine ---- he still longed for her, after all these years; it was her, it has been her, it has always been her... Will it be her?