~ Prologue ~

Two figures ran frantically towards the forest, as sirens behind them screeched into the night.

"I can't hold on any longer," A female voice cried out from the two, as they stopped for a brief rest. Her stomach was big and aching as she clutched it tight. The male, gritted his teeth in frustration. Why at a time like this?

"A little more," He coaxed as the two headed into the forest, collapsing in a heap once they reached a quiet spot. The sirens faded into a soft whisper. Trees towered above them, as the branches casts crooked shadows on them, sending a chill down their spines. The man stood up bravely, trying to hide his quivering voice, hoping and praying that the childhood stories that he had heard since young would prove him right, if not, they were done for.

"Spirits of the forest, hear me! I have come to make a contract."

A glow, a heavenly light from beside them appeared from the darkness, and in front of them, stood a beautiful figure, her golden hair floated gently.

"What do you want?" She asked, her voice musical as she stared at them with warm, yet unfeeling eyes. The man explained their situation desperately, and the spirit nodded in understanding, a glint in her eye.

"Very well."

Minutes later, the cries of a pair of newborn babies echoed in the forest, and a story begins.