~Chapter 3: The Unfamiliar Realm ~

As the twins left Eve, they went on a search for the tree she had told them about. It wasn't hard to find, as the oak tree was old and large, towering above them. It was near the forcefield as well, which was lucky for the girls.

"I wonder where the hole is?" Taelia wondered as she walked around the tree, but was not able to do so when she stopped in front of a distorted wall, remembering how it had hurt Kae.

"Hmm maybe-"

"Tae here here!" Tae turned to Kae, who was at the other side of the tree, and walked towards her. Indeed, there was a very small hole near the ground. However, it was just big enough to let a cat through. They couldn't possibly fit in. At this, they groaned.

"But Eve said that we could fit through..." Kae complained as she flopped to the ground, putting her hand through the hole cautiously. Luckily, it did not burn her as it did before, which confirmed that it was a hole.

Annoyed, Tae kicked a rock up, which headed towards the forcefield.

To their surprise, a small hole was created as the rock flew through the barrier. Immediately, an idea hit them at the same time.

"I've got an idea!" They shouted simultaneously.

"If we hold a stick or something at the forcefield, pulling it up..." Tae started.

"... it could create a hole that is big enough for us and we could crawl through!" Kae ended the sentence with a laugh.

With that, both girls began to proceed with the plan.

Grabbing a large branch, Kae placed it through the hole, before lifting it up, which as they had predicted, lifted the forcefield.

"This is surprisingly heavy... quickly Tae!" Kae said, using both of her hands to hold the branch, hoping that it wouldn't break under the pressure. Tae hurried and got on her belly, managing to squeeze herself out of the hole.

Tossing the branch through the forcefield, Kae climbed through the hole as well after Tae managed to pull up the forcefield. Once they were out, they looked up at the sky. It was nearly evening. The forest seemed darker, as the breeze blew by, it sounded as if it was shrieking, sending a chill down their spine.

"So this is the human world?" Tae asked in a small voice as she took a step back. The temperature had seemed to be colder.

Rubbing her arms, Kae grabbed her sister's hand and started marching onwards, determined to reach the human city, as she had read in books.

"Vrrmm..." they jumped when they heard a faint sound nearby. Standing still for a few moments, the two twins took a deep breath and continued walking.

"Woah..." Tae breathed. After a few minutes of walking forwards, the twins met a road, with cars rolling pass noisily.

"What are those..." Kae stared at them in awe. At first, she had thought that it was a strange monster, however, she spotted humans inside of it! It was either the humans were were being eaten by the monsters - which did not seem likely as some of them looked relaxed and was not portraying the face of someone who was being eaten - or the monsters were a kind of tool that the humans use.

"Woah humans are amazing, look at those tall rocks!" Tae squealed as she pointed at the high rise buildings, which were more than 50 times their height.

"Yeah! Let's go!" Kae squealed in delight as well, grabbing her sister's hand to cross the road.

As they ran across the road, none of them noticed an incoming car, heading straight for them-