~ Chapter 1: The Escapade ~

Hi everyone~ So this is the first chapter! I hope you enjoy it~

"Tae! Come here!" A girl cried, in her hands was a pile of mud, where a wiggly worm nestled comfortably. "Lookie lookie!" She chased after the blue haired girl, Tae, who was trying to avoid the slimy worm, running through the bright green forest.

"Nooo!! Go away Kae!!" Tae squealed in utter disgust, hiding behind a tall tree. Crinkling her nose, she picked up a small rock.

"Shoo shoo! You ugly troll!" She laughed teasingly, hurling the rock at the red headed girl.

"Hey!" Kae squatted down to avoid the incoming rock missile. The rock shot past her, into an old oak tree which stood majestically behind them. A piece of bark fell off, revealing a small hole, and an old, brown box hidden inside.

"Hey, what's this?" Tae ran up to the tree, pulling out the worn out cardboard box.

"To Taelia and Kaelia," Kae read out loud as she stood beside her twin sister. A sense of curiosity spiked eagerly under their skins.

"Hey! I'm not ugly!" protested a gruff, unfamiliar voice. Being too captivated by the peculiar ancient box, the two girls jumped in shock when greeted with such an unexpected voice. They swung their heads around to see a shabby old fellow with wrinkles that seemed to outline his face. His green skin almost allowed him to camouflage perfectly in the pastel green grass which was moist with the dew of the early morning. He stared at the girls, pointing his crooked nose at them, face scrunched up. He was clearly offended.

"Y-you're a troll?" Kae stuttered, taken aback.

"Yes and what's the matter with that? I am not so ugly alright? Stereotypes..." croaked the troll in dismay. Tae hung her head in embarrassment and apologised profusely like a broken radio. The old troll shook his head in disapproval and caught sight of the cardboard gift box. His eyes widened alarmingly.

"Where did you get that!?" he exclaimed. The twins backed into the tree, appalled at the sudden reaction of the odd troll. Their faces were engraved with bewilderment.

"I tell you something, don't you ever give this box to this two twins called Taelia and Kaelia. Ohh you will be a dead duck. A dead duck indeed!" he spoke in a hurry before bolting away, running as fast as he could with those stubby legs. The twins made eye contact and exchanged looks of confusion.

"Let's open it!" Kae said excitedly, deciding to ignore the troll's warning. Tae nodded, and opened it.

"Hey, what's this?" Tae asked, pulling out two smaller boxes inside, each labelled with one of their names. "Here's yours and here's mine," Tae said, passing Kae hers.

"What if its a present from Mother Adeline? Afterall, it's our birthday today!" Kae squealed excitedly as she opened the box. However, inside, lay a note signed by a pair of unknown names that the twins have never heard of.

"Trevor Silverstar and Katherine Silverstar?" Tae read out, "Who's that? They have the same surname as us..."

"We await your return," the strange noted read. The twins raised their eyebrows in confusion.

"I wonder what this is..." Kae murmured as her skinny fingers opened the silky and petite gift box.

"Well it looks so pretty! Let's wear it-" her eyes beaming as she studied the carefully crafted silver necklace. A moon shaped key dangled off of its shiny silver chain. She glanced over at her twin sister whose necklace had a combination of a heart and sun pendant instead. It was definitely so tempting to wear the glorious jewelleries custom made for them.