On the platform

Mals POV
"Evie I... Do like you, you are the only person who has ever made me feel like home."
I just held onto Evie tighter as if, if I was to let go she would fall away.
"Why did you say all of that then to me, Mal?" She questioned
"Its complicated but I swear, you are my friend and I appreciate you so much please dont ever think any different."
"You scared me I thought that you wouldn't have caught me"
"Im always going to be there to catch you E"
I pulled away from Evie still tightly held onto her shirt however when I did I managed to trip over a tree branch that was just behighned me pulling Evie down with me, resulting in her hovering directly on top of me. We waited a few moments before she spoke,
"Hi" she whispered soothingly looking directly into my eyes
"Hi" I returned. Reached my hand up from where I had used it to soften my landing when I fell, and brought it up to meet with Evie's cheek pushing a lock of blue hair away from her face and tucking it behighned her ear, still not taking my eyes off of hers.
"Your so beautiful" I cooed
"Not as beautiful as you"
I felt the redness creeping up my neck and I diddnt even care if Evie noticed because one day I do really want her to know how much I care about her and how much she means to me.she must have noticed me blushing as her smile grew wide," hey Mal are you blushing?" She asked with a glimmer in her eyes. She decided to stand up from her hovering position offering me a hand to also stand myself up. When I had got to my feet i looked around quite awkwardly before answering with
*akwerd laugh* "no"
" Um yes you are Mal"
"Maybe I am, but what does it matter"
"is it because I called you beautiful?" Evie questioned
"Um yes" i replied feeling my face flush with an even darker shade of red.
" Has no one ever called you beautiful before or something?"
" Actually no" I truthfully stated quietly seeing Evie give me a look of confusion
"Why, your stunning, how has nobody noticed that?"

Evie's POV
Oh my god how has nobody noticed how beautiful she is, she is the prettiest girl I have ever met and i think that every single aspect about her is perfect. I snapped out of my little ' Mal is so perfect' dream to Mal replying to my question,
" That's because im not Evie, your just saying that because you dont want to upset me and you have known me for a long time"
How can she even say that she isn't beautiful, she is like as stunning as a diamond hopefully that I can be able to one day afford to have more of in my life. I really wish she saw how amazing she looked in my eyes. I really wanted and was determined to reveal that I like Mal as more than a friend so I decided to start a small game of truths off hoping that she would ask me the question of who I had a crush on.
"Hey Mal"
"Yes E"
"Do you fancy a game of truths, no dares just truths, I feel like since we have come into auradon we haven't really connected much."
" Yeah sure E, that would be cool, do you want to sit on the platform in the middle of the lake to play?"
"Good idea its calm there and nobody really has any place to earwig on us confessing seecrets" I giggled, the other reason I think it would be a good idea to play there is because there is only one way off of the platform and when Mal tries to run away after I might tell her I like her, I would be able to stop her and explain telling her it was a joke or something to cover the truth.

We both walked down the pathway to the bright pure platform and sat down onto the blanket that was already there.i sat right in front of the one exit just in case while Mal sat directly opposite, looking extremely cute hugging her knees and resting her chin on top of her right leg which was bent to be about just under shoulder height.
" So who's going first" questioned Mal
" Um do you wanna go... Or do you want me to go first"
Mal looked like she had a deep thought about her answer before saying, "you first"
" Right, um........who was your first kiss?" I asked ready to see what boys Mal had been hooking up with on the isle because I haven't known her to go out with anyone yet in auradon, I think all the boys here are a bit too princely for her"
" Actually Evie that's kinda embarrassing"
" No come on M whoever it is i wont judge you, you know I wont."
"Its not that E, its just, I haven't had my first kiss yet"
"Really, I cant believe no boy has ever kissed you"
"I can" Mal said not seeming to be sad by this
"Why M? And dont say its because your not pretty because you are"
"I was going to say that but the reason is actually that I have never had a boyfriend"
"Never like, ever, why have no boys asked you out, that like just not normal, you were the prettiest girl on the isle"
"I got asked out, lodes of times. But I wasnt interested in any of them"
"None of them the right one?" I asked feeling quite sorry for Mal, she has never experienced having a boyfriend or someone that she likes like that.
" No its not that they weren't the right one im just not into boys"
"What do you mean Mal?"
"I mean that yes I am coming out to you right now Evie and I am into girls not guys please dont run away"

________________
Authors note:
I give lots of credit to  OfficialMal for the edit at the beginning of this chapter xxxxxxxx ❤️