Girlfriend

"What Draco?!" I sighed, whipping back to face him as I headed for my common room.

Draco jogged to catch up to me and smiled weakly.

"I um, I'm sorry. I never meant to hurt you when we were inside the closet. I know we talked after that but I still feel awful. For once, I don't care about blood status. I'm happy when I'm with you." he murmured, eyes gazing up at mine.

How could I say no to that sweet lil' face? Quite easily.

"Draco, I just don't appreciate the way you speak to my friends or other people of my 'status.' And honestly, how do you expect me to believe you? For as long as I've been here, all you ever yap about is blood status," I muttered, turning back around and walking away.

Draco groaned.

"How can I prove it to you?"

"Draco Malfoy. We've barely spoken. And it's not logistics. We've shared classes since first year, and yet you've never spoken to me since then. Why the sudden interest?" I fired back, actually quite curious.

"Well... I guess I was just a child then. I didn't realize how beautiful you were."

"Ahhhh, I see. My physical appearance has set your  hormones on fire, and your little friend refuses to let me go." I spat, quickening my pace.

Draco only walked faster.

"Frost please! That's not what I meant!" he pleaded.

Relief washed over me as I spotted the Fat Lady and quickly whispered the password.

"Honestly Draco, you still are a child. Goodbye." I smiled and sprinted into the common room, leaning against the door as it slammed shut.

Merlin the boy was determined.

********************************

The first challenge was today. Godric, I was terrified. Harry had said something about the dragons. The boy was in grave danger, and frankly, I didn't know how I'd cope if anything happened to him.

"Frost! Wish me luck?" Harry smirked as we stood outside the champions' tent.

I rushed forward and hugged him tightly, practically squeezing the soul out of his body. Harry chuckled softly, and I pulled away, smiling hopefully at him.

"Good luck, Harry." I breathed.

This was it. I rose onto the balls of my feet and pressed a quick kiss to his lips. Crap. Did I do that? I sped up to meet Hermione and Ron, and we walked to the stands, my heart still racing.

"You think he'll be alright?" Ron questioned.

I hoped so.

"Of course he will. He's been studying about this for a while. Besides, he's a very talented wizard." Hermione said quickly as she bit her lip. She sounded confident, but I could see it in her eyes she was worried.

Loud cheers disrupted my thoughts, and I looked to see Cedric Diggory running around, trying to avoid a Swedish Short-Snout. He was doing relatively well, and he had even managed to distract it with a dog he had Transfigured. The dog didn't distract it too long, however. The dragon got a nasty burn in before Cedric completed the task.

"That was pretty impressive," Ron commented approvingly.

Now if only Harry could manage to do the same.

********************************

Well, Harry had managed to complete the task, but the whole ordeal was so stressful I practically chewed my fingers off.

"Harry!" I exclaimed, practically leaping into the exhausted boy's arms.

Harry chuckled and hugged me back, resting his chin on my head. I could feel his heart pounding, and a sigh of relief escaped my lips. He had nearly been killed by the damn dragon.

"So we're not going to talk about that kiss?"

My head shot up and I plastered a cheesy grin on my face.

"See about that..." I began.

"I never said I didn't like it," he teased.

Why did that sound so familiar?

"Harry! Merlin, you did so well!" Hermione squealed, squeezing us all in a hug. Ron eventually joined us as well.

"Can't. Bloody. Breath," I croaked, giggling lightly.

"Get off my girl," Harry joked.

Hermione and Ron backed away and stared us down.

"Did I miss something, mate?" Ron asked.

"Harry, stop scaring them. We only kissed," I groaned.

"You kissed?!" Hermione practically screeched with visible excitement.

"You kissed?!" Draco growled. Godric, the boy had absolutely wonderful timing.

"Draco, calm down." I muttered, stepping away slightly from Harry. I could see the hurt in his eyes. Shit.

"How am I supposed to calm down when my girlfriend just kissed Harry damn Potter?!" Draco spat.

"GIRLFRIEND?!" "GIRLFRIEND?!" "GIRLFRIEND?!" "Girlfriend?"

"Draco, I am not your girlfriend. We kissed once and I kinda rejected you after that," I reminded him, keeping my cool as the trio glared.

Harry smirked.

"Can it, Scar Face," Draco muttered, eyes blazing.

"Draco..."

"Save it, Frost. Pansy's been meaning to talk to me. I guess I'll see what she wants."

"Serves him right," Ron hissed after Draco was out of earshot.

"He's not that bad, Ronald," I murmured softly.

Harry wrapped his around my waist, sending shivers down my spine.

"You don't need him, love. You've got me."

A deep shade of red crept onto my face, and my cheeks grew warm as I rested my head on his shoulder.

"Yeah, I guess so."