Waterfalls

After my unsuccessful library trip with Weasley, Hermione and I decided to go back to our dorm and catch up on some homework so we'd have Sunday free for potential dress shopping. I had an essay for Snape due soon, and Mione had finished and was willing to help me.

"Come on, you know antidotes!" Hermione encouraged and I rest my face in my hands.

"Yes, but the topic is so bloody broad!" I moaned, twirling my hair in order to distract myself.

I refused to meet the girl's eyes and she stood up from her seat. She snatched my hair and tied it into a messy bun before shoving a book into view.

"What's an antidote?" she asked.

"Usually it's a potion that acts as a remedy for specific things." I answered quietly.

"Exactly! For your opening paragraph, say that. Expand on it. Get specific. Go into a bit of history; who created the first one? What was the first one? For the next few paragraphs, give examples of antidotes, their uses, and their ingredients. Show Snape you know your antidotes. Finish it off with how they're useful to us and how they've improved over time." she explained, suddenly clearing up confusion.

"Godric, Mione. You're a life saver!" I breathed, squeezing her waist.

A small laugh rang out before she settled back into her seat and opened up a book. She watched me every now and then to make sure I was on track and didn't need any help. After about an hour, I finally finished the essay and beamed. For once, I was actually proud of my work.

"See? You did it without me feeding you information!"

I shook my head and smiled before leaving my seat at the table.

"You're all done?" Hermione asked incredulously.

"Unless you want me to read up on Red Caps and the Summoning charm for the hundredth time this year, then yes." I smirked.

She looped her arm through mine and we practically skipped through the halls, my essay clutched tightly as we made our way to the common room.

"I feel like dancing." I said suddenly as we tossed our books onto the beds.

Hermione rolled her eyes, unfazed by my comment.

"When do you not?" she muttered.

I shrugged and turned on my CD player.

"DON'T GO CHASING WATERFALLS!" I screeched immediately.

The girl beside my groaned and threw a cushion at me.

"Shut up. You sound like a banshee."

I smiled. "PLEASE STICK TO THE RIVERS AND THE LAKES THAT YOU'RE USED TO."

"Merlin, Frost, keep your mouth closed!"

"I KNOW THAT YOU'RE GONNA HAVE IT YOUR WAY OR NOTHING AT ALL."

Ginny rushed into the room "Who's dying?!" she gasped.

"BUT I THINK YOU'RE MOVING TOO FAST."

"Godric, someone silence her!" she complained.

Harry raced into the room. "The Slytherins are giving us noise complaints. Lower the bloody volume!"

"Accio CD player." Hermione muttered and jammed her finger into the button, turning it off.

"Party poopers," I pouted, crossing my arms and sitting on my bed.

Harry chuckled softly and walked out of the room. "Don't go chasing waterfalls," he hummed quietly as I gasped.