Prologue

My heart is beating, fast.

This strangling sensation I am feeling in my chest is suffocating.

I tried opening my eyes to no avail, it is like my eyelids are made out of lead.

For several moments I tried to move a part of my body but I couldn't. After what felt like hours my eyes finally lifted but everything seemed fuzzy.
I could hear the rain outside banging on the window like a crazy drum tune isn't helping.

I don't understand why I woke up with no sweat on the bed, nor any unease feeling except the suffocation. I feel paralyzed to my own bed unable to get started to make me wonder.

As time swam along l finally was able to see clearly and take a good look at my surrounding. As I looked around it hit me that this isn't my room, where am I? The room looks empty due to the minimal furnishings; a night table, a drawer, and a sitting corner near the only window.

Even though there is a full moon outside not a drop of light is entering the room, yet there is enough glow entering the room to help me make out the far corner of the room.
The rest was made out with the help of the lamp on the night table. Some the light that the lamp is illuminating is dimming like it won't last very long.
As I took one last brief glance of the room I saw something that caught the corner on my eye.

As I tried to move closer to get a better look, I felt this screeching pain.

*My god this hurts so much*

I got a glance of my body and realized why I can't move. I am covered with bandages and cast. Agh what have I gotten myself into?

I turn back towards the direction of the night table I realized that what caught my eyes was a framed photo. The frame is a gorgeous antic-like with an art nouveau floral design but the picture couldn't be said the same.
There is a group of teenagers around my age; 16? 17? That is truly frightening how come I don't know my age? They all looked so happy in the picture, with the rolling meadow scattered with flowers coloring it with the colors of the rainbow.
The sun is covered by the clouds, which didn't stop the rays pouring down the cracks. There are patch's in the clouds that allows to see the creamy blue sky above.

There are seven of them in total, posing for the camera.

They all look so divine that they all might be descendants of some super-hot parents or some supernatural being that I couldn't begin to comprehend.
I wish I could identify other physical features but alas their faces were crossed off; maybe a highlighter.
All of them except one.
She looks so familiar but o couldn't put my figure on it.
She has almond shaped eyes and with lips where top lip is thin and the bottom is slightly bigger, uneven lips. But I do like her hair, it has a unique "chocolatey" color.

* picture frame

Other than that the picture looks like it was wrinkled a few time or torn then taped bake together again.

As I slowly laid back down I can't stop wondering about those teenagers. They seem familiar, just keep floating on pounding in in my head but I just don't remember.
Other questions kept bothering me as well;
Who are they?
Who am I?
Where am I?
And, why am I in this situation?
What happened to me.

As I lay there trying to remember anything useful while looking at the moon outside I begin to feel very sleepy.

Without realizing it I drifted off, moments later I woke up screaming.
Some dream I dreamt, what does it mean.

In the dream I was running, in the woods. A girl was running behind me from which we were running away from a dark, mysterious, and malignant cloud. The cloud was rumbling with violent lightning and thunder that brutally hurts when either of us are hit. I looked back and saw her mouthing something, but I couldn't her what she said.
Like she suddenly became inaudible.
Then again I felt like I understood because I respond with:

"I promise"

In a blink of an eye she was taken, swallowed into the mist, violently screaming.

Who was she?
What promise did I make to her?
Who are those teenagers? Aquatints? Friends?
Does this dream trying to explain why I am in bandages, why like that?
Why can't I remember?

My memories are all so blurred and fragmented that trying piece them together washed away the little energy I had left.

Without a second thought and hesitation I was on the brink of falling asleep when I heard a loud thud.

I practically leaped of the bed when I heard that. The sounds must have come a 100 ft. down the hall from me. I waited and listened to any indication to what just happen, but all I heard were mumbles, like a group of people were calming down, what sounded like, a man.
He was yelling frantically about his lost daughter while coming down the hall.
Somehow I convenience myself that they are not coming to my room so laid there and let it be.

Moments later, the door to my room violently opened. The group of people entered and all I heard was:

" No, please the patient cannot take any more abuse. She already is suffering from her initial injuries and those you have inflicted" - Unknown #1

" Why the fuck is you protecting her, you know as much as I what she did to us." - Man

" Yes, but if either of us want information out of her she needs to be treated. Plus, it is my duty and job as a doctor to my patient. She is my patient" - Unknown #1

" what's going on? What is he talking about?" - Unknown #2

" She one of the seven kids who went missing but the only one who came back. It' s all her fault, from the start. My precious daughter, Mona is gone. If she didn't suggest to go, there then my daughter and all those kids will still be alive. All of them should've still be here and safe. IT- IS- ALL- HER- FAULT " - Man

" Please stop yelling it is not good for. Look she's awake" - Unknown #1

Somewhere in the middle of it all my face was glued to wards the frame., on the brunette girl specifically; she's me. How come I couldn't recognize myself? And, Mona? Who is she?

Without a flitch, subconsciously all I said was:

" I am sorry it's not my fault. It is his; it is all because of him."

* picture frame

* picture frame