Chapter 5: Family reunion

I had the girls lock themselves up in the house, just before I went to meet up with Deen.
I left the jeep there and ride on Kiba's back, all the way to the main road. So that I can avoid any zombies although I had to kill a few.
I arrived in the main road, there was no one there just a few empty cars.
Suddenly I heard a loud roaring. From a bike?
A bike came in view and two bodies could be seen on it.
I figured it's both girls. They both wore black jeans and one had a purple leather jacket on and the other a red one.

The bike came to a halt right infront of me and Kiba. Kiba emediatly got protective and growled. I pat his head.
The girl in the red climbed off and took her helmet off. Her long black hair with golden stripes fell to her shoulders and she gave a pretty smile. Her teeth was straight and white, quite charming.
The other one took her helmet off, her shoulder length  brown locks fell out of the helmet and her brown eyes had a cold look in them. Deen....she seemed different. I hadn't seen her eversince she left for college.

"Hey, lil' bro! Good to see you," she smiled. Her eyes was always warm and caring, like now, not like the cold look from before. She gave me a brief hug and bent down at Kiba's level. She stroked his neck and poked his nose.
"This is Nolette, my friend from college. She was with me when we went for a roadtrip. We heard over the radio that the virus broke out and started for home. When I got there you and the others weren't there. Nolette's family either," she explained after turning away from Kiba (who enjoyed the attention.)
"I asked Deen if we could rather use her bike, since it is faster than my car. I can't risk us being attacked from behind the car. That is how most people in this main road got attacked, the cars isn't as safe as the buildings," Nolette explained.

"I am staying with two girls in this house, Kyla and Caitlyn. It is Kyla's house. There is three bedrooms, if you guys don't mind sharing a room, it will make things easier for us," I told Deen as we head towards the front door. Caitlyn was already staring out of the windows, and as soon as I got to the door Kyla opened up. We all entered the house.
"Who are they?" Caitlyn asked. I smiled and turned in their direction.
"This is my older sister, Geraldine, but call her Deen. And this is her friend, Nolette," I introduced. Deen hugged Kyla and then Caitlyn.
Nolette took their backpacks to one of the rooms. Caitlyn and Deen bonded almost emediatly. I decided  to check the news. There is over 40 billion people missing, and there is only 5 million people alive. There is families searching for families, and the worst is mothers left alone with their babies and children. Most men that has been caught by the virus is those who has been at work.
I sighed and pulled my fingers through my hair. I just don't understand what could have caused this...