Chapter 46: Chase

You fly above the convoy and lower down slowly so they didn't suspect you. You had to admit, the cyborg knew her way around the car. Her driving was impeccable. Meanwhile you were feeling anxious about how the ambush would go. Hopefully it would go smoothly.

"Okay so this is what we're going to do. I'm going to hack their gps to divert them away from the airport. This will give us more time to grab the gauntlet and make our escape." Sombra says.

"What about the weapons?" You ask.

"And ruin the fun?" The cyborg says.

"I like your style. Reminds me of an old friend of mine."

"Hopefully in a good way."

"Oye! Focus!" Sombra says. "I don't need to help you pendejos."

"Right. Sorry." You say.

"Anyway, after I hack the convoy I'll be heading back to the base where all the action is. Call me when you have the gauntlet. The code word is "tocino."

"Why is the code word bacon?"

"Porque tengo hambre. Any questions?"

"What do we do after the convoy is hacked?"

"Up for you to decide."

"How do we know which one has the gauntlet?" The cyborg asks.

"I'll tell you when I hack the system. And I'm trusting you to get me the gauntlet. Don't break that trust. You don't know how many files I'm willing to release to the world about you two. Videos too, if you catch my drift."

"So we get the gauntlet, call you, and you get the gauntlet after we obtain it. Because of this, you help us beat Talon. Sounds easy enough."

"Oh and one more thing. Those SUVs are Shimada Clan as well as Talon. Alright. Fly me over the middle one and I'll use my EMP."

The Cyborg flies higher and Sombra waves before jumping out of the car. She uses her EMP and then translocates out of there. You then hear Sombra on the radio say "It's in the one in the front. Keep an eye on it in case it swaps positions. Good luck." Then a cease transmission appears on the screen.

"How long does the EMP last?" You ask.

"No clue." The cyborg admits. "Hopefully long enough. Alright. I'm getting in lower behind them. I'm gonna need you to jump onto the one in the back."

"But the gauntlet is in the front."

"It's suicide if we start in the front. We're less noticeable this way."

The cyborg continues to chase the convoy. They're going off track to their destination and don't seem to notice anything different so far. Either Sombra was a brilliant hacker or they were just dumb. You had to say, the way the cyborg was driving the GTR reminded you of... No. She was dead. They just have similar driving styles. But the resemblance was uncanny. Same hair, same maneuverability, and the voice was almost the same, be it more robotic.

"You said you were in the system already, right?" You ask.

"Is now really a good time to be talking about this?" The cyborg asks, trying to get the car into a good position for you to jump.

"I'm just saying there aren't many people allowed to be in the car without my permission. Do I know you from somewhere?"

The cyborg looks at you. You can't tell with her mask, but it looks like she's studying you. "You... look familiar. After I crashed I had these cybernetics applied to me, but I also lost some memories. I've been getting some back, but I'm still kinda foggy with some. I see you in quite a few of those memories, but can't figure out who you are."