THA Review - Morph

[The structure of this review will be different to others because this review was written for TheHeavenlyAwards contest]

Title: Morph

Author: Hannah_Watson_

Genre: Action/Adventure

Number of Chapters: 1

REVIEW:

Prologue:

First impression: Big paragraphs. Really big paragraphs.

Wow. Okay. That took a turn I did not expect. I can really tell what you mean by "[morph is] a superhero story with action, excitement, and tons of twists." I'm hooked already.

You have fantastic descriptions, and the way you build tension is done well with extreme finesse. I loved the fact that you gave the reader some backstory on what type of world the story is set in without overloading them with information, and the same goes with the three superhero characters mentioned. I'm intrigued to find out who they were and if the man who couldn't control his power would be important later on. 

Speaking of the man, his power wasn't exactly made clear to the audience. At first I thought it was fire, and then lasers for some reason, and at the end I settled on energy. It was later when I read the comments that I discovered it was kinetic energy. I feel like you could've made that slightly clearer in this chapter, but it wasn't that big of an issue. 

Another thing I noticed were how big you paragraphs were in the beginning. Because I read that particular chapter on a phone, it took up the entire screen, which doesn't make for a relaxing reading experience. I would advise you to split your descriptions up a little just to make it easier for the audience to read. 

I didn't spot any technical errors, though, so good on you!

Overall, the Prologue of 'Morph' is a great introduction to the book, and showcases some of the awesome action and world-building that I'm sure is to come. Good job!