Scene 3

INT. OFFICE - DAY

Nick is sitting at the desk and meddling around with his papers.

ROGER ABANO

What are you so excited about?

NICK ANTONIS

You wouldn't have a clue.

ROGER ABANO

Is it a pretty lady that you met somewhere?

NICK ANTONIS

(Anxious)

Not really.

ROGER ABANO

Oh, really... is it a pretty guy?

NICK ANTONIS

No, nothing like that.

ROGER ABANO

Nothing like what?

NICK ANTONIS

(Annoyed)

Nothing love-wise.

ROGER ABANO

Easy there, fella, I was just messing with you. Cheer up, it's Sunday.

RADIO

Attention Alpha population.

NICK ANOTNIS

(Murmuring)

Omega.

ROGER ABANO

What?

NICK ANTONIS

Never mind.

RADIO

Today you have the privilege to take the remaining of the day off. Go to your families, catch up with your friends, enjoy the rest of the day. You deserve it.

NICK ANTONIS

(Under his breath)

So do they.

RADIO

(Vivacious)

Make sure you sleep well. Tomorrow is a big day. It's Christmas! One of the most beautiful days of the year! Make sure you haven't been naughty or Santa won't get you any presents.

Radio switches to instrumental festive music.

ROGER ABANO

Oh boy! I'm so excited for tomorrow.

NICK ANTONIS

Why? Don't you think is fair for the other population to celebrate with us?

ROGER ABANO

Nick, don't be absurd. Don't you know that the separation happened to even up the balance amongst people? I mean Earth cannot simply manage to undertake the capacity of thirty billion people, all living and breathing at the same time. No possible way.

NICK ANTONIS

But is Christmas for chrissake. Don't you think that it would be nice for them to be awake? At least for one day?

ROGER ABANO

Now, what the hell is wrong with you boy. You have been acting so strange since early morning.

NICK ANTONIS

(More collected than before)

I'm just saying. I mean, the last time they'vecelebrated Christmas was back in 2194. Ever since then Christmas was on Sunday,Friday and now on Monday.    

ROGER ABANO

So what? They haven't forgotten it or something. They'll have it next year. I suppose.

NICK ANTONIS

Yeah, I guess. Next year the Christmas falls on Tuesday. But I can't wait for that long.

ROGER ABANO

What do you mean boy? Can't wait for what?

Nick stops for a second. Regretting that he said more than he intended.

NICK ANTONIS

Nothing. Look I gotta go.

Nick gets up and exit.