After SHE came

Was i happy, sad or angry i did not know though one thing was sure. Clare was here. i sat back down because i felt a sharp pain near my side. The tears stopped and i kept looking forward. Clare no it could’t be. Clare is just someone in my dreams a figment of my imagination. Clare couldn’t be her name. Could it?

“oh so you already know her” said the teacher. Clare was her name. I couldn’t believe it. I looked up at Clare and saw what seemed to be a faint smile.

“why are you here?” i asked.

“what you forgot our promise from twelve years ago? That’s not fair seeing as to i came all this way” she said. The tears stopped and i just stared at her. What promise? Did we meet twelve years ago? I don’t understand any of this. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON? I just stood there looking at her as she looked at me. Something clearly happened years ago that i don’t understand. But what? What happened. Clare walked closer and closer to me until she was at my side or rather in my face.

“ you know it’s not nice to forget promises you made to girls. Especially ones who fought so hard just to see you again.” said Clare with tears in her eyes.

“look he made her cry.” said the students in the the classroom.” wasn’t he the guy who beat up someone this morning for doing the same thing” said one student.”he’s such a hypocrite” said another. “ and to think i started to think he might be a descent guy i feel really stupid now”. There was chatter all over the place and all about how much of a hypocrite i was. Did i make her cry? Was it really my fault? I thought.

“you people seem to misunderstand the meaning behind these tears. These are not tears of sorrow but joy” said Clare. 

“joy? Did i hear that right?” said a bunch of students at different times.

“ yes joy. Joy that after so many years i can finally see him again in good health.” said Clare as she hugged me. The biggest and first i had ever gotten or was it? 

“ alright kids break it up. Sit down mister Blake. And miss Clare get back to the front of the class to introduce yourself properly after you can have a seat where ever”. Said the teacher. I sat and Clare walked up the the front of the class.

“ hello everyone. My name is Clare Benoit. My hobbies are watching the stars going on picnics and... Oh yeah reading. I hope i can be friends with all of you.” Clare announced.

“ alright now for your seat” said the teacher.

“No need i already know where i want to seat” Clare replied. She walked up to the boy sitting next to me and asked.

“can i please seat here?” with a charming smile.

“ no this is my seat” the boy replied

“oh come on.i know you don’t want to seat next to Blake. If you switch with me you get to seat next to anyone else you want. A once in a lifetime offer. Please” said Clare.

The boy thought of it for a while.

“ enough of this if you want you can have my seat.” i said

“ oh but i want to seat next to you how am i going to do that if you’re now there?” she asked. Honestly i was a little shocked. No one ever wanted to be near me not even my mother yet this girl. This girl i’m not sure i ever met comes and specifically asks tho seat next to me. This felt unreal. The only place i had ever seem this girl before was in my dreams and in there she was a cold and heartless. The kind of person to give up on others to save herself. Fake. That’s it this is all fake i’m dreaming or something. I must have passed out from getting stabbed earlier. I turned my head to the window and bit my tongue. “Ow that hurt” i said realizing it wasn’t a dream. I turned to face Clare again only to see she was now sitting. The boy agreed. 

“ whats up with those two”

“what does she see in that creep. And she’s hot to she can get any guy she wants i’m sure of it”

“i never thought that guy had a friend far less a girlfriend” said different students in the class. The teacher all the while saying nothing. It was like he didn’t even try to do his job. But one thing the children said caught my attention. They were right i didn’t have any friends. I wasn’t blessed enough to find love and i never will be. I was destined to die alone with no one to care for me like a bad joke or story. Friends and family were not things i had the luxury of having. But still i wonder what it would be like. To be cared for. I rest of the day until lunch just slipped by. Nothing in particular happened. No one treated me any different. The only thing that was off was that i caught Clare staring at me sometimes. Lunch came and i went to buy what i usually do then proceeded to my seat. I just wanted to have a normal dinner nothing special. But i forgot one thing. Nothing goes right in my life. The thing that happened next shocked me. I sat down and started eating. Fifteen minutes or so later i saw Clare walk into the classroom with lunch. She walked over to me and asked if she could have lunch with me. I didn’t know what to say so i simply nodded. We had our lunch and suddenly the window next to my seat broke and in two people came flying. Two people a boy who seemed to be the same age as me and a girl who seemed to be an underclassman. They both came in crashing through the window. Who does that? I thought and i wasn’t the only one. The entire class was in a panic.the girls screamed and the guys just stood there.

“is it a bomb?” i heard someone ask. I looked again and it seemed like the two shady characters were not from our school. The clothes they had on were uniforms but they were more army like.

“who are you guys? I asked