Dreams to Nightmares

Ever since i was young i had the same dream. I’ll be standing in a lush beautiful green meadow and then look up and to my surprise i see a girl. It’s a girl i haven’t met but somehow i know. I look again and suddenly she’s injured on the ground. I stretch my hand to try to help her but then. The more i try to stretch the further away she gets. Then i see her standing in the distance covered in blood. I try, i really try to save her. I run for what seems to be miles towards this girl but try every time only to fail. When i’m exhausted i crash down crying because i could not protect her but then look up again and see she’s there. She’s stretching her hand for help. As i stretch my hand while on my knees i notice this man behind her and for no apparent reason i’m angry. The man clings to the girl and i suddenly get energy again. I run towards them only to find there is nothing there but a corpse. I fall down crying and lay next to her and when i’m almost done. The corpse moves. I feel so overjoyed only to get stabbed in the heart. Then the girl speaks. She says “ you could not save me and that made both of us feel pain. I no longer have a need to interact with you or be saved by you so JUST DIE!!!” and at that moment i wake up screaming “ NO CLARE!! DONT GO! DONT LEAVE ME!” as i quiet down with tears in my eyes or sometimes actually crying.

 I’m now sixteen years old and i still have that dream and wake up the same way. Its because of this dream i live alone and i have no friends. Since i was young my mother tried to find a reason for the dream. She took me to every brain specialist within our country but either got the same answer or they told us the’re busy at the moment. My mother got tired of hearing “ i can not evaluate this child based on that dream. He is psychological unstable and needs to be put in a mental institution. It is clear from the way you say he wakes up that he could blow at any moment.” or “his dreams are probably linked to the fact that he wants to protect those dearest to him and fears that he will fail at doing so and get hurt and abandoned by those he hold’s dear.” so instead of seeing me threw it as a mother would she shipped me off to a foreign country. She only leaves messages to let me know that she’s sent money for me. She didn’t want me but she couldn’t just live me alone . “what would people say?” she probably thought. She thought it would be much simpler if i was not around. That way no one would ask 

“how’s your son the crazy one? I feel sorry for you having to deal with that. It a shame he’s not like his brother that way your family would have two masterminds.” 

 I didn’t hate them for thinking that, after all who wouldn’t after comparing twins. Ever since i was born my life just took one drastic turn for the worst. Though i didn’t complain much because even though life sucked i had something i could do, something i loved and looked forward to. The STARS. I loved the stars. I looked at them every night. They brought joy to my sad life. I dreamed of one day being among them. I wanted to be a star. It didn’t matter if it was possible or not. I wanted to be looked upon. That was my dream. A dream that would prove itself to never come true.

 It was seven am. I had finished preparations and was off for school. Though i wasn’t particularly good at school i tried. My mother sometimes joked around and said that my brother took all the brains in the womb leaving me a dumb, useless, idiot. Its a classic story one twin gets the brain the other the brawn. Guess this story got rewritten because i had neither. Though i never admitted it this always made me feel a little insecure. I truly felt useless sometimes but overcame that. I masked my insecurities with an arrogant attitude or persona. Something people usually advise against doing but it made me feel better about myself and that’s all i really wanted. I never really spoke to anyone but on rare occasions when i had to speak about myself. I spoke highly and everyone hated it. I also hated myself sometimes. It hurts pretending to be someone you’re not. It hurts even more doing this for friends you never got and to feel better about yourself which you hardly ever did. It all hurt everything. Especially living in this world. I didn’t want to live anymore. I wanted to die, to feel the warmth from the cold embrace of death. Although i felt this way i never wanted anyone to commit suicide. I am and probably always will be the type of person that could convince someone to not commit suicide but i can never convince myself. The only reason i haven’t done it is honestly because i’m scared. I had nothing but misfortune in my life and brought misfortune to those in which whose lives i was in. If only i was like my brother i sometimes thought. Then i would have felt it and not want to die. I would have felt LOVE. It was now quarter past seven. I had spent fifteen minutes talking to myself. My only friend. I hurried out the door and was just in time for the seven fifteen bus. I sat in my normal seat. A seat reserved for me by the other students from my school. A seat given to me because no one wanted to be next to me. No one understood me or the pain i went through so they avoided me. They were afraid of me and decided to hate me and mistreat me for it. THEY HATED ME! Someone they didn’t even know. Explain to me how is that fair. To be penalized when you do nothing wrong. To be hurt when you try to help. Then when you retaliate they go around and call you a monster. I’m not one of those people to say the world is a shitty place more like humans are shitty creatures. They hurt and hurt one another and make excuses for themselves like “i’m only human” and “no human is perfect.” if that’s what it means to be human i don’t want to be human. I sat in my seat and after a while the bus arrived on school grounds. I stood up, walked off and quickly tried to make my way to class. I wanted to just seat and have another normal day at school. This day though would prove to be no ordinary day. I walked by the class next to mine and notice one of the most famous couples in the school arguing. Normally i would pass by straight. Today i didn’t i felt like listening for once. I stood near the door and listened as the argument proceeded.

“slut! Why don’t you go take a long walk of a short plank. I don’t need you anymore i have a new girlfriend and she’s way better than you. You know why because she’s willing to do stuff you aren’t” said the boy

“ no! Please don’t. I love you! Come back to me i’ll do anything. I promise” said the girl crying as she tried to grab his hand. 

I was already pissed. Any man who would intentionally say things to purposely hurt a girls feeling, in my book, deserved to get beaten up. I was really angry but what happened next made me even more angry. “don’t touch me” said the boy as he punched the girl to the ground. I looked around thinking someone would do something but they did nothing. Even the discipline squad just stood there. Some actually laughing. I looked again and saw he was now kicking her on the ground. I couldn’t take it anymore i had to act. I walked in the classroom with the most scornful look i ever had. I really meant business. The boy looked at me with a shocked and scared expression on his face for a while but got hisself together just in time to ask me.

“what are you doing?” i walked up to him clenched my fist and just before i hit him i said. “ beating the crap out of you.” i gave him a few left and right hooks before something amazing happened. The coward actually pulled out a knife and tried to stab me. He rushed on me full speed with the intent to kill. The first swing i dodged by jumping left. The second back. The third however i was not lucky enough to dodge. He stabbed me right near the kidney area. I felt the cold steel cut through me body like warm butter. That did not deter me though. I simply held his hand in one place and kneed him in the face. He fell to the ground and i then moved the knife. He lay there on the ground still conscious but not moving. I then started to do to him what he did the the girl. I kept stomping on his face. I got some sort of sick pleasure form doing this. As i continued my punishment . I thought does this make me a hypocrite? It was a moment of self reflection now. I looked around and saw myself like i was in another body and i didn’t like what i became. I saw the scared looks on everyone's face as i beat the crap out of that guy. Their face which seemed happy watching him beat a girl but felt scared watching him get beat up. I looked down at my hands and then his body and it scared me a little. I put the normal look i have back on and started to walk out but just before i left i said this. 

 “ any man who hits a girl or does anything to make her cry in front of me will get the same thing no matter who. If you have a problem with that any one of you come challenge me. I’ll take on the entire school if i have to. And also girls don’t be stupid. You should know that no man who treats you like this deserves you just move on.”

 I then proceeded to the nurses office for an inspection. There was nothing wrong that boy never hit any vital areas. He did cut a few veins though. I only reason i didn’t feel any pain is because i tricked myself into believing it didn’t hurt. The nurse wrapped me in bandages and then i was off to class. This was not the first incident like this. And similar to this one nothing happened to either students so it was fine. I walked speedily to my classroom and made it just in time for homeroom. I sat down, the teacher took the register and after announced that there will be some more excitement around for the boys. I turned around and faced the window for a while but turned around just in time to see. A transfer student with blonde hair,blue eyes, one hundred and eighty centimeters tall with a mole near her earlobe. “her name is” the teacher said but couldn’t finish because i did it for him. 

“ CLARE!” i shouted as i stood up with tears flowing like a waterfall.