Chapter 1.

Skye's POV

I woke up to my servants knocking on the door.

"Princess Skye? Your parents want to have a word with you." She called from the other side.

"Okay." I responded rolling out of bed.

I really hate having them tell me what to do. Don't get me wrong I love the royal life sometimes. All the rules and regulations tho aren't so nice. Since I was young me being the only child born to the royal family I am destined to take the thrown. They're always protecting me and have me under constant watch.

I sighed as the servants entered the room and striped me down. The put on my corset and tightened it. I grunted as the pulled it tighter. I hated this. Whenever my parents went away I wore skinny jeans and shirts. I nerve let them know what music I listen too or the people I look up too.

They put my black and white Victorian style dress on me and gave me my black heels. I sighed. I hated how they made me me look. She put my wavy red hair into a tight bun with one strand falling in my face. I tried to smile and act like I was enjoying this. My red hair kinda stood out from my pale complexion. My eyes were a pale grey with bits of white and blue. They are the only thing I would consider beautiful about me.

I walked of my room to the court yard. Roses lined the stoned path to the dining room on the other side of the castle. I followed the path made of stone to the dining room. I sat at one end of the large table and my parents the other. I don't feel like I should sit near them.

"Hello mother, father." I said as sitting town.

My mother smiled as my father cleared his throat.

"We have a royal families meeting to attend, We will be gone for a few months starting tomorrow, we're leaving you here, You will be watched 24/7 and will be in your room by 8 o'clock sharp." He stated trying to sound powerful, I would guess.

"Father." I began.

"My word is final Skye." He stated firmly with a tint of anger in his voice.

"Yes father." I said trying not to sound upset.

The servants brought us our wine glasses, filled with blood, then walked away. I drank it slowly thinking. I wasn't pleased with any of this. I never had the guts to tell them how I feel.

Once I finished my drink I went back to my room. My parents would be leaving late tonight. I knew they would be packing an there would be no point to stay in my dress. I slide that off and took my corset off.

I dug through my closet and pulled out some clothes. I put on a baggy shirt and a pair of shorts. I took my hair down and let it fall on my shoulders.

It was a decent length. Over the 500 years or so that I've been alive I've only had to get my hair cut 5 times. My hair is just a bit before waist length. I put it into a loose messy bun and took out my iPhone. We might dress old fashion most of the time and live in custom. But we still keep up to date and we are very modern.

I laid on my bed and examined my room. The walls were a deep purple with black curtains. There was a large walk in closet in the corner with a full body mirror on the door. I had band posters on my wall with some self made paintings.

There were some instruments in the other corner of the room. I learned piano from a personal teacher. Flute the same thing. Guitar and bass were self taught. My bed is a queen size with a silk black bed sheet. I have like 7 pillows. I like cuddling them. Even tho I'm over 500 years old I have the appearance of a 18 year old.

What upsets me the most is that I'm never able to experience what a normal teenage girl would. I don't have any friends (besides my servants. Even then they're not allowed to be to close to me.) or go anywhere. I want to go to concerts but I'm never allowed to leave. I have a huge secret that I'm keeping from my parents, I'm a lesbian. I've never really done anything with another girl. I have seen verifies if girls kissing and I like it. Guys period just make me feel awkward. I laid down on my side and closed my eyes. I hope one day I'll be able to tell them.