What have I got myself into?

Jonathan and Sherwin were walking down the sidewalk headed to Sherwin's house, as promised by Jonathan the day before. Sherwin was extremely nervous letting another person into his house, Much less his new boyfriend. He found it odd saying that word. Boyfriend. He never thought that he would ever be able to call someone his boyfriend. Especially someone like Jonathan. He honestly kept thinking that everyday he spent with Jonathan was a long dream. That one day he would wake up and none of it would be real. He would go back to being all alone, and he definitely didn't want that. What surprised him however was that Jonathan actually liked him back. Imagine if Your crush just came up to you and started talking to you more only to kiss you and ask to date you. Now imagine if said person was someone you thought would never in a million years even look at you. That was how Sherwin felt. He did however, feel extremely happy with this dating thing. He got to hang out with Jonathan all the time, and he could kiss him whenever he wanted. It was like a dream come true. But he still had that underlying feeling that somehow he would screw it up. He always seemed to do that in his head.

       "Okay, rule number one. N-no being too friendly with me in front of my parents. I have no idea h-how they will react." Sherwin went on explaining about the etiquette that should be used in his home, more importantly in front of his parents. "Rule number two. No holding my hand, sitting too close to m-me with my parents around. Rule number three, and this is m-most important. No k-kissing me in front of my parents." he finished with a sigh. 

     "Why are you so afraid of your parents?" Jonathan asked.

    "Im not afraid of them. I-i just don't know how they would react to...us." he replied gesturing back and forth. 

    "Well, what if your parents aren't around?" Jonathan inquired. "Can I be friendly then?Can I hold your hand? Can I kiss you?" Jonathan asked being flirtatious. 

   "If my parents aren't around then it depends." Sherwin chuckled.

    "On what?"

   "W-whether or not I'm in the mood." Sherwin replied nonchalantly. Jonathan could tell this was Sherwin's way of flirting back. He chuckled, he knew he could always get Sherwin in the mood to kiss. 

        They reached Sherwin's driveway, Both of the boys were very nervous. Jonathan was about to meet his boyfriend's parents. He needed to make a good impression if he ever wanted Sherwin's parents' approval. Meanwhile, Sherwin was about to introduce his parents to his "Friend". He knew something embarrassing would happen but as long as they didn't know he was his boyfriend he could deal with it. He didn't want to scare Jonathan away.

    "M-my parents are very, outgoing. So, don't be shocked if they seem ecstatic to meet you."

"Have you told them about me yet?"

"No, not really." Sherwin looked away. Jonathan knew Sherwin was upset. He just rested his hand on his shoulder. The boys walked up to the door  and walked in. 

---------------

      Jonathan took in his surroundings. They walked into a dim lit living area that was a little small but cozy. The walls were a bright yellow that honestly seemed to make the room brighter even though it was so dimly lit. Family photos lined the walls and a few paintings could be seen on the wall furthest from him to the right.  A portly man had walked into the room. He had short red hair and a goatee. He wore a very joyous smile on his face as he came to greet the boys. Jonathan assumed this must have been Sherwin's father. He had a booming voice as he spoke. 

       "Howdy Doody Sherwin. Oh! Who's this?" Jonathan chuckled at the enthusiasm the man had. 

      "Dad, this is Jonathan. He's a friend I-i made at school." His father  became wide eyed almost as if he just found a rare diamond.