Chapter One

**I am usually the one who only reads books here on Wattpad, so this is my first time writing one! Okay guys, so I have uploaded the first chapter! This is kind of a filler chapter, setting the plot, more about the character and what her life consists of. Hope you like it!**

Chapter One

I pin the papers together, making sure that they are perfectly in order, and start packing up my stationary. There are about 5 more minutes left till the end of the examination. I go through my answers, making sure that my handwriting is legible. Out of the corner of my eyes, I see that almost everyone is done with their papers, except for a few who are cramming in answers in the last minute.

The invigilator begins to collect the papers. There are scraping of chairs and desks all around. I hand in my answer sheet, and get out of the examination hall, clutching my bag. Everyone has the brightest smiles on their faces, but none of us are allowed to make a sound. We hurry downstairs to the cafeteria, where there is a bubble of excitement. I finally locate my friends, and we all end up hugging each other and jumping up and down and squealing with excitement.

We are finally done with our high school final examinations! We are all officially survivors of 12th grade, and in about 3 months time, we will be making our way to college. It’s all over. The 4 years of torture, stress and demanding studies has finally come to and end. We are all screaming our heads off!

“HIGH SCHOOL IS OVER! FUCK YEAH!” Melanie is screaming at the top of her voice.

“Um, Mel, I don’t really think this is the place to scream vulgarities. We are right outside the faculty room!” May tries to calm Melanie down.

“Who cares what we say now? We are officially out of high school! Screw everyone!” Melanie just doesn’t seem to get her excitement under control.

I totally understand where Melanie is coming from. I mean, high school IS over. It’s like graduating from dependent to independent.

Becca says “Okay, what are we gonna do now? We made absolutely no post-examination plan guys!”

“I have to go to the salon. I have a spa appointment, waxing, threading and rebonding scheduled.”

Becca rolls her eyes at me. “Ugh Scarlett, can’t you get that done later? You’re always ditching us.”

“Yeah, well, I look like crap right now, and I most definitely don’t wanna look like crap tomorrow!” We have a graduation ceremony and farewell party in school tomorrow, and we all have to look our best. “After all, we have to look amazing!”

“Exactly, I have an appointment as well.”

“Me too.”

“Me three.”

I look at Becca and raise an eyebrow. She smirks back at me. “Okay, well let’s just go for lunch and then we can all go do whatever we want to”

All of us reply back. “Yup, that’s fine.”

We walk towards the big shopping centre, which is 10 minutes away from our school. We are all chatting away, excited that high school is over. There are 9 of us – Me, Melanie, May, Becca, Sally, Nina, Kayla, Renee and Vera. They have been my close friends since the beginning if high school. We were all inseparable. We did everything together. Whether we were in school, or were hanging out, it will always be the 9 of us. Sure, we were friends with the others in our class, but we were our own exclusive group. There was no social ladder kind of thing in our grade. Sure, there were popular kids, and quiet kids, but all the groups in our class consisted of all kinds of people.