chapter 16

Kays POV

Have you ever thought about how you will die? Who you want to be there, where will it be, how will it happen? And then have you ever though 'what if something else happens'?

Have you ever been scared to close your eyes? Scared because if you open them everything will be gone? Scared to sleep in case you never wake up? Or scared because somehow you feel like none of this is real? Like suddenly you will just wake up and everything you know and love is just gone? Your whole life is just fake? None of it actually happened? And have you ever not felt scared? Not scared to gto sleep, because you don't want to wake up again?

And have your ever been so sick of everything that you personally will change those plans of how you die and you won't be scared to close your eyes? No, have you ever wanted to embrace it?

Vics POV

Kay has been home for a week and doing well. She's taking her meds and Andy, Kellin and I have been checking. Ashley has also been calling everyday to check because he can't always come over. Ashley really cares about her, they all do. Especially Andy. Andy is actually in love with her. I think the feeling is mutual.

CC always is way too hyper and when him and Kay get together...well we weren't the ones scraping Ketchup off the wall.

"Bye guys! Hope I don't come back dead!" Kay calls. She leaves for school today for the first time in a LONG time. We all know shed joking but it's a scary joke. None of us actually know what will happen. Kellin sidles up next to me and gives me a cheeky side hug. Ever since I got back we have been going to couples therapy (Kays idea) and it's actually been working.

"Hey the garden looks like shit." Kellim randoml points out. "What do you expect me to do about it?" I ask, exasperated. He just points at the lawnmower and kisses my cheek. Then he loves. "Fucking bastard." I mutter.

Picking up the lawnmower, I attempt to drag it outside. God it's heavy! The openess of outside and fresh air barrels into me like a hyper dog let off its leash. Birds twitter and fly around, chasing each other like cats and mice. Flowers bloom and sweet fragrances fill my nose. Inhale, exhale, peace. I love the garden.

Now I want a taco.

As I mow and sort out the garden, I sing. I sing circles, hold on til may, yeah boy and dollface, I'm low on gas and you need a jacket, floral and fading and king for a day. Halfway through the first chorus the owner of it joins in. His voice is better than mine anyway. Kellin and I sing together, a few of his like kick me and feel and better off dead, the strays, heroine and then just a couple of other songs like a love like war, 21 guns and what's my age again.

Exhausted from the garden activities my feet seem slow and heavy, trudging back inside. Leaning against the island for support, Kellin hands me a drink.

I take a look around the kitchen and feel content. I don't know why. There are five white doored cupboards against the wall opposite my position on the island. Underneath the cupboards is a stove, a freezer, a dishwasher and a washing machine. All except for the stove and washing machine are covered by fake cupboard doors. It's a great illusion. The wall next to it on my right has a sink, a window, a few more cupboards below the sink. Running along the same wall is the fridge and two large french windows leading out onto the freshly mown garden. A dining table sits just behind me. Large round and wooden with six chairs around it. In the middle of all this is the island. It has a breakfast bar which I am sitting at and lots and lots of space. It's got a white top and it's very very clean. Basically all the kitchen is white.

After taking the time to admire the kitchen I walk through the door to my left and into the hallway. Now it splits off. It splits off into a large area. In the middle is a large set of red carpeted stairs. The stairs themselves go up and then split into two before rejoining again. If you're stand under the stairs you can look up and see a large circle and you can always see who's on the stairs. They are very open. A long wooden banister stands on either side of the stairs and goes round the circle.
When the stairs split off there are two landings. Each landing has a room and a bathroom so two extra bathrooms and bedrooms. The landing on the left looking up the stairs is mine and Kellins and the one on the right is a guest bedroom. The room at the top ,when the stairs meet again to create a long separate landing, is Kayes. She gets an en suite. Lucky her! You can tell it's hers from the loud music and posters all over the door.

Down the stairs and back in the large area is six rooms. There are two guest bedrooms and a bathroom on one wall and the other is the living room, the studio/office and the hobbies room. In the studio/office it has a lot of instruments in there. We mainly use it to practice and record things so sometimes if we don't want to go down to the studio, everyone comes here, including our producer. So we record and play in here. We also have a desk and computer so if any work needs to be done, it can happen here.

In the hobbies room is a few more instruments, a punching bag, some mats and some speakers. The punching bag hanging from the ceiling and mats are for Kay. She comes in here to practice her dancing or singing. She's fucking amazing at it!
Luckily the punching bag doesn't block out all the light from the large window. Whenever Kay uses the punching bag she always ends up with split knuckes and bruises on her legs and feet from whirling kicks. Well it's better than beating up other people I guess...

The opening door and Rebels barks signals that Kay is home. She comes skidding through the hallway with the door, into the open room (that's  what the area with the stairs is called) and stops in front of the hobbies room, Rebel yapping around her feet.

"Hey honey! Have a good day?" I ask. She nods. "Yup, I spent all my time in SSU with Jay but we spent lunches and breaks with Tash and Scar, so no bruises today." She beams. She's actually smiling. Today must've been good. Well it's about to get better. "Glad you had a good day Leigh but Andy is coming over in three hours so if you're gonna be in there," I nod to the hobbies room, "be quick because you'll need to change and sort yourself out, he's taking you out somewhere." The smile on her face gets wider.

Rebel woofs softly at her, running into the hobbies room before her. I shake my head. My dog and child are crazy...but I love them. Don't know what I would do without them.

A/N sorry this chapter is so shit I'm working on some plot. Just thought I would give you a tour of the house and try to tell you what I imagine but hey you can always imagine it how you want! I think there will only be a couple more chapters and then I'm going to end it! Sorry. Xox