Chapter 2: train to busan

(Please play the audio, adjust volume as needed ^_^)

♧♧♧

"Bogo Shipda~" Jungkook sang.

"Bogo Shipda~" The audience sang back.

"Bogo Shipda~" Jungkook sang again. He held his mic towards the audience for them to sing back

This time they didn't. The rest of the members also noticed this. They each took out their earpieces as the instrumental music carried on playing. It sounded like an empty concert hall.

They looked around and the standing area was filled with ARMY light sticks but no ARMY was in sight. All the seats that were previously occupied were also empty.

This was meant to be the real concert but it felt like a pre-rehearsal.

Maybe their eyes were playing tricks on them. Maybe they were too excited that it was their first concert in Seoul after a very long time.

"Cut!" Namjoon shouted, waiting for the music to stop. But it didn't. Spring Day continued to play in the background.

"Cut!" He said into the mic. The music continued playing.

"What's wrong?" Jimin asked, concerned.

"The music isn't stopping."

"Where's the technician?"

"I'll go check," Hoseok offered. Namjoon nodded at him.

Jin and Jimin laughed. Maybe the manager was playing a prank on them again.

"The manager has fooled around with us before but I didn't know he could pull off a prank so big," Jin clapped in amazement.

"I don't think it was the manager," Namjoon suggested.

"If it wasn't the manager, who was it?" Jin asked.

"You all saw the audience two minutes ago, didn't you?"

"Yes," the members replied simultaneously to their leader.

"How could they just disappear within a matter of seconds?" He asked. "It doesn't make sense. I don't think it's a prank. This seems too big to be a prank."

"He's right. You can't make 20,000 people just disappear that quickly. It would take 30 minutes at the very least if there was a fire or some kind of emergency." Yoongi explained.

"Right." RM replied.

"Guys!..." Hoseok ran onto the stage. He stopped and dropped his hands onto his knees as he retrieved his breath.

"What's wrong?!" Namjoon asked.

"Th-the technician is not there. Neither is the producer. I went to look for our manager but he's nowhere to be seen. Nobody is in this arena but us."

"What? What do you mean? Where would they go?" Jimin gently grabbed his hair in confusion.

"Shall we just go home? When we go home and sleep this will all just be a dream." Suga suggested.

"Guys, I think this we just entered the real-life version of Train to Busan!" Jungkook laughed.

"Oi! Stop saying stuff like that, what if it's true?!" Jin smacked Jungkook on the back of his head.

"Why, are you scared?" Jungkook teased Jin as he rubbed the part that got hit.

"Guys, we shouldn't take this as a joke." The mood quickly became serious. "Let's just go home and rest. Maybe Jin is right, that this is just a dream."