Chapter 4: 7 and 7

In utter confusion, Na Ya leaves the kitchen and walks to the parking lot. Her first plan is to go home and rest but she decides to go to the head chef's house instead.

They've been dating for 4 days. Nothing special yet. He showed his interest first.

She was never planning on dating him but she still decided to give him a chance, even though he has his playboy antiques.

The chef, Cha Min Joon, lives up in Hannam The Hill with all the rich and famous people, thanks to his successful dad.

Naya drives over to his house to meet him.

Once she arrives she knocks on his door waiting for him to answer.

To her surprise, a beautiful young lady opens the door. Did Min Joo already find someone new?

"Who are you?" Naya asks as she looks the lady up and down.

"I think I should be asking you that." The lady asks a little taken aback by Naya's attitude. "What are you doing at my brothers' house?"

"Oh my! I'm so sorry for my behaviour! My name is Naya, I'm your brother's girlfriend. We work at the same restaurant. I-I thought you were one of Minjoo's new toys..." Naya explains her misunderstanding.

Great first impression, Naya thinks as she internally facepalms herself.

"Oh, honey! Don't you worry. I know exactly how you feel. In fact, I wouldn't suggest you call him your boyfriend just yet. No more hearts need to be broken. I know Minjoon inside out. He wouldn't last in a relationship for more than a week!"The lady laughs. "I'm Seji, by the way. Minjoon's younger sister."

"Nice to finally meet you." Naya greets her. "When we were in college, he always talked about you but I've never seen your pictures. That's why I couldn't recognise you."

"I actually went to Oxford University in England, through a scholarship when I was 18 and I only came back a week ago as a Literature teacher," Seji explained.

"How long have you lived in England?" Naya asks.

"For 5 years."

"Wow, that's pretty long. You're 23 now?"

"Yup. How old are you?"

"24."

"So you're older? Nice." Seji replies happily.

The two girls spend time on the couch, learning more about each other. They were very similar. They both had a passion for literature and cooking.

Naya recited a few poems she had memorized and Seji talked about a few recipes she had mastered.

An hour flies by in what felt like 5 minutes. Seji's brother still hasn't come home. So she comes up with an idea to pass more time.

"Okay, so I've been working really hard on my most recent brownie recipe but it keeps flopping. Since you're a chef, maybe you could help me?" Seji asks.

"Yes! Of course! Do you have all the ingredients?" Naya asks.

"Yes, obviously. My brother's a cook!" Seji laughs.

"Yeah, forgot about that. I wonder where the twat is anyway."

Seji takes out all the ingredients and makes a start.

"Okay, so, dry mix or liquid mix first?"

"Start with the liquid mix. It's easier to incorporate the dry mix into it." Naya states. "Also, if you have chocolate, you can melt it and use it as an alternative to cocoa powder. It makes the brownie fudgier." She adds.