Chapter 3: not alone

Unnie: a term for female to use towards an older female as a way to show respect in Korea culture.

●●●

I ran out of the university in search for people.

At this point I was beginning to feel a third panic attack coming through. I took huge deep breaths to calm myself down. I went into my backpack to take out my medication.

I suffered from anxiety and depression for 5 years. And situations like this only made it worse.

My depression is at it's worst when I'm alone. That's why I constantly need to be around people.

For me any company is good company.

I looked around frantically for 3 hours.

I was at the peak of giving up. This is when I fell to the floor and started sobbing like a five-year-old who didn't get her candy.

But before all hope was lost I heard a sound. I wiped my tears away quickly and listened carefully.

A car!

I could hear the tyres rolling against the concrete floor.

I jumped up to my feet and the second thing I did was shout. I shouted loud enough for the driver to hear.

"HELLO!~ IS ANYBODY THERE?!~"

A few seconds later I heard car doors slamming shut. I also heard footsteps.

Multiple footsteps.

I couldn't belive my ears. There were more people!

I saw a woman running. 7 men running behind her.

She was wearing a white doctor's coat, a blue t-shirt underneath, denim jeans and white sneakers. Her name was embedded on the coat.

Dr. Lee Chae Ri

She waved her right arm in the air vigourously and smiled at me, I reciprocated.

I didn't know her but at that moment, it felt like I knew her forever. 

I was not alone

That's all that mattered.

I ran to her and greeted myself eagerly.

"Hi, my name is Choi Ara. You don't know how glad I am to meet you." I bowed multiple times to show my appreciation.

"Of course. Who wouldn't be glad to see my handsome face?"

I raised my eyebrow lightly and I slowly looked up at the manly voice that just spoke. He must be some sort of egoistic manic.

Another young man elbowed the man gently.

They all looked like they were some sort of T.V stars.

Am I being filmed for a reality show?

"Are you an actor?" I asked the tall guy. I noticed that his shoulders were broader than my future.

"Not really...but I did get an acting degree!" He stated proudly.

The young man rolled his eyes.

"Sorry about this hyung but he's always like this. My name is Jungkook and we are all part of of a boyband called BTS. It's a pleasure to know that we aren't the only people here." He smiled at me with his bunny-like teeth. 

I smiled back immediately.

They all greeted themselves one by one.

"Hi, I'm Jin," the man with the broad shoulders spoke.