Chapter one :From Dust to Dreams

We all have dreams. We all pursue our goals. We all chase happiness. We all want to live in joy and harmony. I am no different. I too have dreams and goals. I too chase happiness. However I always look at the journey, at what great sights are to be behold upon. I often look behind with a nostalgic stare at what great memories I have. I look at how I developed up until this point. Marvelous.

Ever since I was little I had dreams. When I was little I dreamed about studying wild life and exploring nature. I pictured myself as this great explorer, as the one who will discover the secrets of nature. I used to tell my primary school teacher that I will send her pictures of me in the wild. I was happy with my dream. It made me develop my imagination, and my passion for enjoying and protecting nature. It was a noble dream for that age.

Later, I grew out of this dream and became more self centered. I started pursuing friendship and human interaction. I had this thirst for meeting people. For hearing their ideas and great lives. I had passion for listening to great stories. I think it was this stage of my life that sparked my passion for writing. I wanted to be able to tell my story. But this meant that first I should live it, not listening to others.

With that thought in mind I started experiencing life myself. I started to go and and live my dream. I stared partying, I never skipped a single high-school party. I created bonds with people, bonds that still exist today. I lived my happiest years of my life. I developed my social skills the most in this period. But I never abandoned writing. I was always writing my thoughts and my experiences. 

This period also presented love and heartbreak. I was, and still am, a hopeless romantic. I will never understand why people play each other. I believe in a noble love, filled with fun, spending time together, trusting each other and building together. During high-school I was lucky enough to love and to be loved, at least for short periods of time. Inevitably, heartbreak had to come. But I was lucky enough to always find the strength to go over it.

High-school made me pursue academic goals. I was never a straight A student. Nor will I ever be. But I never failed an important exam. I studied when it mattered and that was always enough. This gave me a lot of self confidence. It made me realize that if I put my mind to something, it could be done. It made me more patient and collected person. It made me study on literature, on how I could develop my writing. It was this period, that sparked the idea of writing a book.

Now I only pursue happiness. I want to be happy, nothing more and nothing less. I want to enjoy the sunset. I want my life to feel like a tight hug. Maybe childish, but a dream non the less. I crave the feeling of peace happiness brings you, the way it makes you feel alive. I love how it feels like. This is what I desire, happiness, in any of its forms. 

-Wake up guys! The taxi is almost coming!
-Fuck, let's go.