Lucius Malfoy

We ran at the same pace, hands clasped tightly together with our coats flapping behind us, and both of our faces expressing distress. The only thing I could think of in that moment was the fact that I hadn't even realized someone had been standing close enough to take such a photograph. The lucky lad to snap the shot was more than likely enjoying his paycheck at the expense of our stress.

The two girls gossiping behind the paper were perhaps too engrossed in the striking headline to realize that its inspirators were presently on the same train as them and that the girl fleeing alongside the notorious Draco Malfoy, clambering in her large rain boots, was passing their conversation immediately. Not to mention, they could easily recognize me due to my attire which was nearly the same as the ones worn in the picture.

Quickly passing the girls and inching closely behind Wensley, I looked at each table before cowering in dismay, rather than any embarrassment, or fear.

"(Y/N)!" cried Wensley.

"Wensley! Hush!" I beckoned quietly. It was highly improbable that my name had been printed in the headline but there was no telling what details had really been listed. That is, until I could get my hands on a copy.

"Well—why should I hush?" I realized that for some strange reason—probably resulting from her height, which disabled her from being able to peep but only an inch over the tables—she hadn't seen the papers yet. Holding her licorice whips and little purple chocolate parcels endearingly, as if they were her several newborn children, she asked with an unintentionally cracked voice.

"Could you reach into my left—no..." she paused and struggled under the weight of her candy to look at her hands for a moment, "Ah. Yes! My right pocket please."

I followed her directions obediently, reaching into the little pocket of her daisy embroidered dress, and pulling out a purple, velvet draw-string bag, weighed down heavily by coins, I delicately opened it.

"Four sickles, ten knuts," she added. I paused to look down at her, staring blankly, unable to express my ignorance of the unknown currency.

I whispered in a low voice "W-which one is the knut..? And the sickle—which one is that?" bending over to reach her large ears.

"You haven't even learnt our current-sea!" exclaimed Wensley.

"That good for nothing Malfoy hasn't taught you a thing I can see!"

My blood stung my veins for a moment in shock. With the bag tumbling about in my hands, my lips formed a very thin line and my nervous default completely took over. The old woman manning the trolley stood with her hands on the bar of the cart meanwhile she mentally connected two-and-two, much like her brows as they furrowed. I hastened to pull out two of the largest coins in the bag, incredibly eager to leave, I gestured the coins to the woman and started hastily, "Will this do? Er, thank you... do keep the change..."

Urging confused Wensley away, I was startled to find that the entire car of passengers had their eyes on us and their bewildered faces complimented open mouths. Some scowled at us, some raised their eyebrows and folded up their papers in disbelief. Eager to at least make it to the corridor, I winced as I saw another student shuffling towards us, wielding a newspaper in his hands and knocking on each compartment in order to sell the daily paper. Reciting his same means of advertisement, over and over:

"One sickle for this mornin's striking headline," he nearly mumbled, all-in-all, he was purposely lack-luster.

Each time he was denied entry by one of the compartments and found that some other paper-boy had beat him to the chase, he became less and less encouraged to advertise the paper with enthusiasm. He wore his black robes, which hung a trifle bit loose on his shoulders, and sported a satchel across his chest, which overflowed with several more Daily Prophets. Trying to pass by him undetected I pulled my hood closer to my face. But it was to no avail, and quite petulantly, the young boy immediately cut us off after being denied entry by one of the compartments, and recited with much enthusiasm, after seeing that our hands were free of a paper: