Chapter 2

It was Saturday and I wasn't planning on going to the club or making any drops today.... Today was my day..

"Mommy?" I felt De'andra coming on my bed..

"Yes baby girl.." I said sitting up.

"I wanna go to the beach?"

"Beach? I thought you didn't like the beach.." I ask puzzled..

"That was a year ago mom.. And August is having some beach thingy sooo..." She said cheesing at me showing off her dimples.

Oh.

"Umm.. Dee wanna go to swirls?" I ask wanting to change her mind.. The last person I wanted to see was August..

"Moooommm you know I've always wanted to meet August!" She said pouting..

"I'll take u to a meet and greet next time?"

"No I want to meet him today!" She said firmly..

I sighed.. "Sure.... I'll have aunt Dia take you.."

"I want you there too mom.."

"OK fine... Let's go get u ready.." I said getting out of bed...

2 hours later..

I pull up to the beach parking lot.. I could hardly find a parking space bit I did....

We made our way down to the beach...

"So I'm gonna go sit by one of the umbrella's and Dia you take Dee...." I said hoping De'andra won't protest which I know she won't cause she's just seconds from meeting August..

"Hurry up Aunty.." De'andra said pulling India's shirt....

"I'm coming I'm coming.."

And off they went.. I wasn't up for seeing August ugly ass face today.... I found a umbrella to lay under and took out my phone and start scrolling through my songs and decided  to play Cardi b's- Bodak Yellow..... I plug in my earphones and was lost to the world....

After what felt like minutes someone started shaking me....

"What?" I said taking out the earphones and looking who it was.... "August? Aren't you to be mingling with fans?"

"I think 4 hours enough.." He said giving me that stupid cute smile...

"4 hours?" I said checking the time on my phone.... "Damn.."

I sat up on the chair and August sat at the other end of the chair....

"So I see you hustling.." He said looking up at me..

"A woman gotta grind.."

"Yk I've always liked that about you.. Always bout yo grind.."

"Yep.." I said popping the p.

"But on the real A making drops? Yk that shit can get you killed!" He said seriously..

"You ain't dead yet so.." I said shrugging.

"Just be careful OK?" He said nudging my shoulders....

"August I've been in the streets foreva I know what I'm doing and really it's none of your business...."

"I see you haven't changed.."

"Only thing changing are the figures in my bank account...."

He was about to respond when....