Chapter 2

( Bell rings )

Everyone started running out of their classrooms and going to their lockers. Violet and Veronica stopped under the staircase and were talking about what happened yesterday.

" Do you remember what mom said?" said Violet.

" When?"

" When she said that, there will be more coming."

" Oh yeah. So?"

" Well don't you think that when she said that she sounded a little bit happy."

" Well of course she'll be happy, we are becoming stronger as witches and as sisters."

" Yeah, but shouldn't she be kinda upset because everytime we go up against an evil source of magic we take a risk of our lives."

" Honey, you need some rest. You were up all night studying for that Biology test."

" I don't know Veronica I'm just---- not getting a good feeling. I think.mom is hiding something from us."

" Yeah, whatever. I'm gonna be late for class. See you later." said Veronica as she walked down the hall to her next class.

Veronica and Violet walk home from school and suddenly feel a really strong breeze and then all of a sudden, a half chewed-up face demon comes out of a small tornado and then all of a sudden Violet feels scared and then she put her hands out and everything froze including the demon. " Awesome Violet, not only you can freeze things out of ice now you can freeze time!!!!" said Veronica. Then , the demon unfroze and threw a poisonous blade at Violet but then Veronica screamed, " VIOLET, NOOOOO!!!" and threw her hands up and turned the blade into flames in mid-air." Mom always said that our powers were going to grow stronger and stronger."said Veronica.

The demon threw an energy ball and then Violet froze him and the energy ball. Then Veronica set the demon on fire and and he turned into dust and flew into the wind that passed by." That was close." said Violet.

" Mom was right, more demons and warlocks will come." Said Veronica

" Yeah, what else do you think is out there to kill us."

" Well, maybe they just want our powers, not us."

" It makes sense because we do have amazing powers."

" Let's go home, I saw a book on our generation of witches in the attic but I didn't get a chance to read it."

" Ok."

Violet and Veronica went home and walked upstairs to the attic and other they were looking for the book with there family generations in it.       " OMG are these mom's old dresses, gross they are ugly!" said Veronica.

" Oh shut up, Veronica." said Violet silently giggling to Veronica' s comment.

" Ok, here it is. I found it!" yelled Violet.

" Alright open it!" Veronica said excitedly.

Violet opened the book and was looking for their names. Then suddenly she flipped a page and saw her grandmother's name.

" Ok. There are so many witches of our generation in here but it looks like thebb beginning of our generation was our Manchester and her name was Melinda Gripsey. No wonder so many demons want our family amulet.

" Why?" asked Veronica.

" Well, it's the only amulet that protect itself from our powerful magic as witches. We must be pretty strong, that means our powers are still growing because we are only teenagers."

" Cool!" said Veronica feeling more excited.

" Wait, that's weird." said Veronica.

" What?" said Violet

" Who is that next to our names?" said Veronica suspiciously.

" I don't know."

" Look, it says that she died the same day she was born." said Violet.

" It looks like her name was going to be............Vanessa Roberson." said Violet.

" You don't think that's our..........." Violet and Veronica looked at each other with surprised faces.