→nineteen←

aimen tapped the gavel. "attention!" her tinkling voice boomed.

when all the noise died down, aimen started speaking again. "alright. before i make the announcements, have a brownie, specially baked by rehan!"

zahra shot across the room for the brownies. mikaeel was on his second one already, while zahviyar was contemplating whether he should declare it was his cheat day or not.

"alright." aimen spoke again. "anything anyone of you would like to say?"

a tall, athletic girl raised her hand and asked rehan for the recipe, and how exactly he got them so moist, at which rehan's eyes lit up and said that he illustrated the recipe for anyone who needed to know. he gave the girl an a4 sized scholar-sheet that was embellished in rehan's signature water-colour.

the girls name was, musa thought, braikhna. she identified her self as androginous or a cross-dress. she said she was satisfied in being a female, but felt more comfortable in men's clothes, which she bought, by aimen's suggestion, at the city's local landa. thrift market.

her mother had refused to pay for men's clothes, and so when she sought aimen's advice, shehryar spoke up and asked her if she had tried thrift shops. and so, the three of them called up braikhna's mother, informing her that she will be late in coming home, and accompanied her to the mangal bazaar, the tuesday thrift shop, and with their pooled in cash (which was mostly rehan's, to be fair), they bought her the basics. a black band tee-shirt, a few caps, a plaid shirt, and black-ish faded jean jacket.

right now, because the school board were narrow-minded bigots, braikhna donned the girl's uniform, but tweaked it with the jacket and a van's hat over her new, visibly short hair.

and so, when the brownie plate was empty, aimen announced that rehan will be teaching the basics of drawing human anatomy every thursday.

a shy but ecstatic looking rehan started telling them about what they needed. "okay, guys, uhm, basically since you all are beginners, you will need an a4 sized sketchbook and 6b pencils BUT since i believe you can create art on anything, you can take out a rough notebook and a black pen."

"your first lesson, is to simply be confident in what you can do, and the pens will help that. take them out."

rehan drew a circle on the board. his peers did the same thing on their notebooks. "now this is the basic outline of the head, you may draw a jawline." he then drew a heart shape beneath the circle. "a fun fact, the jawline you have drawn may resemble your own."

he then divided the face in four, drawing two circles for the eyes, a triangular shape for the nose and a simple line for the mouth.

"this is the basic shape, now you can play around with the sort of style you like best. for example i like the accentuate the eyes i make with huge lashes."

and so, rehan stepped down and spent a few minutes with each of his students, guiding them and asking what style they want.

"remember, you dont need to make the feature look pretty or handsome. art isn't like that. art is meant to break realistic barriers, or any sort of barriers. art is meant to change the way you look at things. put on the sunglasses of an artist and all you see is art, whether it's the view of your bedroom window or the people around you. go home and see how each and every one of you is a piece of art, because God is Al-Musawwir, and He does not make any mistakes with his art."

with that, aimen tapped the gavel, signalling the end of the session.

long time, yall. whats good?