ready to start the day (Joshler)

(not mine off of archive of our own by semiautomatic_pilot )

Tyler woke up first that morning, well actually early afternoon. He slowly tried to pull himself out of Josh's warm embrace, but despite all his efforts Josh started to stir and pulled Tyler closer to him burying his nose in the back of Tyler's neck.
"Good Morning baby boy" Josh said in a raspy voice.
"Morning Daddy" Tyler giggled.
Tyler loved weekends, He loved getting to wake up next to his daddy instead of waking up to a half empty bed and waiting until Josh got home from work. He rolled over to face Josh and gave him a light peck on the lips in an attempt to shake him from his half conscious state. Josh smiled and opened his eyes, slowly starting to sit up against the headboard and pulled tyler into his lap.
"You sleep well princess?" he questioned
"Yea daddy, I did" tyler said quietly and blushed in response. He looked down at his own lap and began to play with his fingers, a habit he had. Josh gently hooked his finger under the soft skin of Tyler's chin and lifted his face to meet his loving gaze.
"Are you ready to start the day Ty?" Josh said. He asked Tyler that question every morning weather it be by text or in person, which Tyler prefered, and almost every time he would respond with a light hearted yes. But some days he responded with a no or a groan and some mornings he would just flat out burst into tears, those days were usually spent almost entirely in bed with Josh doing whatever his baby needed to feel better. Today was not one of those days. Tyler nodded with a timid smile and slid off his daddy's lap. Josh slowly got up and stood by the edge of the bed, wearing only his Pj pants and no shirt. Tyler turned to face him and made grabbing gestures with his hands at Josh. Of course Josh knew exactly what this meant, so he leaned down and picked up his baby letting him wrap his legs around his waist. Tyler loved to be carried by his daddy. It made him feel safe and loved. And Josh always wanted Tyler to be happy so he always carried him around the house.
"I swear baby boy you're going to forget how to walk if I keep carrying you everywhere" Josh joked. Tyler just giggled and rested his head in the nook where Josh's shoulders connected to his neck.
" I love you daddy" tyler murmured into Josh's skin.
" I love you too baby" Josh said while gripping a little tighter on tyler's thighs and butt. Josh had successfully made it down the stairs and into the living room without dropping tyler or tripping. He carefully set Tyler down on the couch and turned on cartoons to entertain Tyler with while he made breakfast for the both of them. Josh wasn't a master chef or anything but after having to prepare meals for a picky little, he had learned a thing or two. He pulled out the waffle iron and the mix and began to make Tyler and his breakfast for the day.
-------------------------------------------------
After Tyler and Josh had both eaten they had decided to sit lazily on the couch and just relax for a little bit. Josh was leaning on the arm of the soft couch and tyler was leaning with his back against his chest, eyes fixated on the tv screen in front of him. That was until Josh snapped tyler out of his trance by tickling at his sides. Tyler began frantically squirming in an attempt to free himself, giggling madly he desperately tried to stop his daddy.
" Daddy stop p-please" Tyler giggled, he was out of breath from laughing so much. He looked up at his daddy to see his eyes scrunched up, laughing too. By this time tyler had flipped onto his stomach and had rested his head on his daddy's chest, trying to catch his breath he just laid there smiling. After a while of both Tyler and Josh trying to regulate their breathing Josh finally spoke up, " Come on princess it's time to get dressed"
"But daddyy I don't wanna" Tyler whined in protest.
"Baby I would love to just lie here all day with you but we have to at least get out of our pjs, okay?" josh said, trying to compromise.
"Okay" Tyler nodded