2.

Lyall and Hope looked at their daughter as she continued to play with her cereal.

"Do you think Dumbledore will let her in, dear?" Hope asked as Rena had pushed away her breakfast and walked to her room. "I don't like seeing her like this."

"Last time I heard from her, Hope. She did say yes." Lyall day on the chair and reached for the Daily Prophet. 

"Lyall, you cannot be reading that newspaper with your daughter feeling down upstairs." Hope took the papers from his hands and began to pull it back before swatting it on her husband's arm. Lyall laughed as he got off the chair and walked up to his daughter's room, leaving his smirking wife in the kitchen. 

"Rena?" He carefully opened her door before peaking in and sighing as he glanced at his daughter sitting on the floor with her blanket wrapped around her. "You okay, honey?"

"They don't want me at Hogwarts." Lyall sat next to her and got a little bit of her blanket to cover his legs. "They don't want a monster in the school." 

"Rena, you know that is not true, Alba is doing everything in her power to get you in Hogwarts. Yoy may be a werewolf, but you are a witch most of all." 

"He ruined my chances. Nobody will want to be my friends and professors won't...." Lyall grabbed her hand and sat her on his lap as she began to sob into her hands. He passed his fingers through her long hair and kissed her temple, trying to keep her calm. "Daddy, I don't want to go." 

"You should, Rena. Explore the world you were brought in." Rena shook her head and laid it on his chest before taking deep breaths and sighing. "I would love for you to go to Hogwarts and be the smartest witch any professor has seen." 

"But I'm a monster... You called him a monster, and I'm just like he is." Lyall shook his head. 

"Oh love, Fernir is a monster. He attacks children just like you and makes them into this, hoping they would end up just like him. He never learned to love, Rena. He never received love or support, but you have me and your mother. We love you, and although you may turn into this creature at every pie.."

"Full." Lyall chuckled. 

"Full moon, you are no monster. You are Rena Joan Lupin, our little surprise. and if you were a monster, then you are the worst." Rena frowned. "What monster leaves her socks on the hallway! Oh, the horror!" Lyall put his hands up and began to tickle her. Immediately her frowns were replaced by her waves of laughter and the smile that she had hidden from the world for too long. Hope beamed at the sound as she sat on the couch, grabbing her knitting supplies and began to knit another jumper for her daughter. One that would feel like home when she was out in school, away from the warmth of her parent's embrace. 

~

Alba Dumbledore arrived the next weekend with the news that Rena Lupin wanted to hear. 

She was going to Hogwarts. 

Rena grinned as she took the letter from her now headmistress's hand and opened it quickly. Hope beamed at the sight of her daughter's smile. Wondering why her little one had decided to even hide it from her in the first place. 

"I hope to see you ready to learn, Miss.Lupin." Rena beamed and nodded rapidly. 

"Yes,  Ma'am. I promise I won't disappoint." 

That night, Rena couldn't sleep. She looked at the moon for the first time in many years. It was her father that created the small window in her walls, just enough for her to have a peak of the stars. Enjoying the night sky when there was no transformation. She hugged the letter closely to her chest, glowing just like the stars above her. She was going to Hogwarts. The Headmistress didn't care if she was a freak. Her professors didn't care if she was a werewolf. There was going to be a place for her to stay away during her transformation, but she will never be abandoned the morning after. Rena let out a giggle of happiness before closing the window, not letting the fresh breeze into her room anymore. She covered the moon, but the curtains were thin enough to let the shine into her room. As she laid down and hugged her blanket closer to her, Rena continued to smile. 

She was very ready for Hogwarts, whatever it might bring her. 

But she was also very ready to make friends, ones that she did not to lie too. But that was a problem. 

Who would want to become friends with a girl who becomes a beast every month? Immediately, her smile turned into a frown and as the sleep came over her. Faces of other girls haunted her head, those who would learn about her problem, and leave her. 

Just as it should be.