chapter 7

I woke up to the beeping of a machine beside my head.
BEEP BEEP BEEP

"Make it go away, make the sound stop." , the words involuntarily left my mouth. 
My throat was sore.

" you're awake ."

I looked towards the source of the sound to find a middle aged woman clad in a nurse's uniform standing in front of me.
She smiled at me as she fiddled with the stack of papers in her hands.

"I'm nurse Georgia ," she said politely
.
Well she seemed way better than the nurse back home at least.
"I'm going to send in your family members now .", She said as she left.
Oh no.

My family was here.

My brother and my dad.

I braced myself for being scolded for running away and  being grounded for life. Which wasn't very long any ways.
The door opened and the shrill voice of my best friend threatened to blast my ear drums

"Izz oh my God you're OK.....  I thought you died . Don't you ever do this to me again. Do you know how anxious I was when a guy calls me from your photos and tells me you're in the hospital. I ...."

Yandel continued her rant while hugging me . Sam walked in after her with a look of bewilderment on his face. That must have been after meeting Yandel .

Let's clear somethings out,Yandel isn't the normal best friend which you guys have. She's..... different.
Her hair is all shades of red. She wears makeup , like a lot of it . Eyeliner heavily loaded on her eyelids , Violet tainting her lips and don't even get me started on her clothes.

She wears nothing but sweatpants and a t-shirt.  What the hell right?
Any ways Sam was eyeing Yandel warily and smiled at me.
The nurse, nurse Georgia walked in and gently made me sit up. She made me slowly drink water.

"So are you gonna officially introduce me to your boyfriend?"

The water that was inside my mouth now was all over the nurse's chest. And let's just say that she wasn't happy about it. At all.