Chapter One

Brycee's P.O.V

I watched my fingers twirl the pen and tried not to look as bored as I actually was. I looked up at the clock for the fourth time in the last ten minutes. 11:45, fifteen minutes and I can get out of this horrid outfit and to the music shop. I am currently sat in a waiting room with a bunch of stuck up people in suits that are applying for some job. My mom was all pissy about me being twenty-two and still working in the music shop i've been working in since I was sixteen so she made me pick up an internship at the local lawyers office. She's so obnoxious. She lives in a different country and has to control my life. I look at the clock again. 12:00, finally! I grab my bag from the break-room and head to the bathroom to change. I lock the door and slip out of the skirt and blazer and kick off my pumps. I throw on some ripped skinny jeans, my black glamourkills T-shirt and slip on my black vans. I pull my hair out of its bun and brush it out before putting on my makeup and putting my nose silver nose ring, rings and bracelets on. I'm Brycee, i'm 22 years old, 5'4 and have brown hair and awkwardly bright green eyes. I shove my clothes in my bag and head for the door getting funky looks as I walk out of the employees only room.

Its about a 10 block walk so I put me headphones in and start on my way. about 4 blocks from the shop I stop at the gas station and grab a monster. I was about to cross the street when I notice this guy with his headphones in crossing the street completely oblivious to the fact the oncoming traffic isn't slowing down.

"Heyy! Heyy! Look Out!" I yell at him but he cant hear me. I don't know what moves me to do so but before I give it a second though im lunging for him. I push him to the other side of the street and he lands on the sidewalk he turns around wide eyed he reaches out for me. The next few seconds seem to kind of slow down. We hold eye contact for a second and then I feel the impact and the scene seems to fade from around me.

Josh's P.O.V

I have to get to the venue for sound check and I am currently walking around St. Petersburg. My friend told me about a really cool music shop a few blocks away from where I had lunch so I decided to check it out. I had put my headphones in and the volume was turned all the way up and I was crossing the street. When I get pushed, so hard that I fell onto the sidewalk. I turned around to see this girl had pushed me and was about to get hit. I feebly reached out for her and my eyes held hers until the impact. The fucker that hit her just kept driving. I carefully pulled her onto the sidewalk and called for an ambulance. I opened her bag to see her name Brycee Mason. A crowd was beginning to gather when the ambulance showed up. the men rushed out with a stretcher carefully but quickly placing her on the gurney. He asked my relation to her and without a second though I said I was her boyfriend so that I could ride with her. The paramedics climbed in and shut the door behind them. One of them worked on her whilst the other asked me question and I rambled on with my account and the things I read on her license. The first paramedic is putting a bag over her mouth to help her breathe, plugging an IV in and examining her closely. I watch the rise and fall of her chest to kind of reassure myself that she's still breathing. we pull up to the hospital and they rush her out. I'm quick to follow, I only get as far as the end of the hall when an orderly stops me and tells me that I have to stay in the waiting room. I just want to know if she's okay. She pushed me out of the way. That could be me in that OR . I'm a complete stranger and am utterly confused as to why this Brycee girl would risk her life for me. I owe her the world for that and I hope I get the chance to deliver..