Chapter one.

Missile told me to get my lazy ass up. She's like my alarm clock. Today's the day I start working at the school in Battery City and I won't lie, I'm nervous. What if she knows it's me? I hope she doesn't. I wonder what she turns up to the school like. I wonder if Korse knows she's 'Shay Iero' or not. She's Miss Iero which is actually quite weird. I don't want to have to call her that. I have to go by 'Mr. May' which I said was a stupid name but everyone argued against it. So I'm now Mr. Jerry May. It sounds too much like my actual name but the guys said it was perfect. (He's just saying that because he thinks it's too much like his actual name, I really love those names so ignore Party Poison!)

I had a wash and pulled my clothes on. I buttoned up my waist coat and tied my tie. I looked at my face that was tanned a lot from being in the desert for years. Maybe some light foundation won't hurt..? I applied a white like shade onto my face that contrasted the black wig. Shoes... I lunged to my converse and pulled them onto my feet. I rushed to the bathroom to brush my teeth and I came back to my mirror.

"GERARD ARE YOU NEARLY DONE?" I heard the thirteen year old call into my room. "In a minute!" I yelled as I evened out the makeup. "Gee I'm coming in!" She warned me. I rolled my eyes as she jogged up to me. Her jaw was wide open and she looked shocked. "Gerard... You look like a serial killer!" She scolded. "No I do not! Puh-lease. Besides we all are killers, we kill Dracs every day because we have too," I sassed back. "Okay sassy one. You better get to work," she told me. I nodded and grabbed my car keys. "I'll see you later," I said to her. "Bye Jerry!" She shouted to me as I opened the car door.

I drove into Battery City like how I looked and it was weird. I got looks of approval from the public because of how I look. Do I look okay? Everyone said it was great but I don't know. I have a feeling something's going to go bad. Like if the wig comes off or something. I'm way too overthinking this. It will only happen if I think it will. I approached the school's staff car park and the butterflies were kicking in. I parked my car and went through the staff entry to the building. I sighed and made my way to the staff reception to pick up my work laptop to access the registers and timetable. I thanked the old lady before rushing off to my classroom, preparing my class. The kids classes start in an hour so that gives me enough to go to the staff room and make coffee and talk to Shadow. I guess I'll have to disguise my voice too. My voice is very recognisable.

I walked into the staff room which was empty... I guess she's not here yet. They only have instant coffee... That will have to do. I boiled the kettle. I keep on wondering how much she's changed and how is our kid or if anything went wrong in the pregnancy. I can't afford to think like this. Maybe she'll know it's me if I do my usual traits so I better not. I keep on thinking about when she sung 'The Only Hope For Me Is You' and how much emotion she put into it. All the stuff must've made a large impact on her.. I wonder what she's doing now. I wonder how Korse is. I wonder if she's contacted Korse or if he knows she works here. "If there's a place that I could be, then I'd be another memory. Can I be the only hope for you? Because your the only hope for me. And if we can't find where we belong, we'll have to make it on our own. Face all the pain and take it on because the only hope for me is you.. Alone..." I sung softly and sighed. I miss her so much. I can't wait until she sees me! I wonder what she looks lik-

"You have quite a nice voice," I heard her say. I'm certain I'm blushing. "You must be Mr. May, I'm Miss. Iero but you can call me Shay," she introduced. I spun around and looked at her. She looked extremely pale. Her eyes were a beautiful green and her her was dyed back to black. "My name's Jerry," I smiled warmly. She gulped and nodded. "You look familiar... Have I met you before?" She asked me hesitantly. "Not that I'm aware of... We should probably get to know each other if we're working in the same department," I suggested and she nodded.

I poured the coffee into two mugs and did what she usually had. She stared at me with wide eyes. "How did you know that's how I take my coffee?" She asked and raised an eyebrow. "I-I you won't believe me..." I tried to cover for myself. What if I said I have powers..? She knows people have powers so she won't be able to argue against it. "Try me." She dared. "I have.. Powers." I lied. Her eyes widened and she nodded. Yep, she believed me. Good save Poison.

"Let's ask each other questions," she nodded. "What do you think about killjoys?" I asked her. She raised her eyebrow at me. "Why?" She asked quickly. "I just thought it would be a good topic for discussion.." I trailed off. Her face turned sour but it softened right after. "I don't mind them... I would't associate with them ever again though.." She sighed. "Why? What did they do that's so bad?" I asked quickly. I could tell I was getting angry but I couldn't help it. I love her and I want to know why she doesn't want to see us anymore. "I-uh.. can I trust you with this?" She asked me quietly. "I don't want you to think I'm mental or something..." She whispered. "Wha- Of course, you can trust me with your life Shadow." I confirmed. Her eyes widened and she raised an eyebrow. "How did you know my name's Shadow?" She asked me. She was raising her voice, she was getting impatient and I knew she would have a tantrum at any moment. "I have powers, I know things," I lied. She did a hesitant nod. "How can I trust you Jerry?" She asked me. "Look, I'll let you into a secret. My girlfriend cheated on me with my best friend and she left me." I told her. Her face softened and she hugged me. "I'm so sorry! I don't know why anyone would do that, you seem so nice." She told me. Yeah, she did. Fucking liar. "Well I had a one night stand with a killjoy and I have his kids," she whispered. My face dropped. "What? Like more than one?" I asked. She looked to the floor and nodded. "Twins. Summer and Ashley," she told me. She got her phone out and got a image up of two little girls holding hands. They both had a dark brown. Like a mixture of mine and her hair. They had my nose and face shape. "They are so adorable!" I complemented. "Who is who?" I asked. "The one with green eyes is Ashley and the one with brown is Summer. They are the spitting image of their father," she sighed. I smiled at that. "So... Is their father on the scene?" I asked. She looked at me and smiled. "What are you getting at?" She smirked. "I don't think they should grow up without seeing their dad or having a father figure," I smiled. "Well I would try and talk to the dad but he's probably too busy and forgotten about me," she frowned. "I know that if it were me then I'd cry myself to sleep. I wouldn't stop thinking about you because your so beautiful, " I whispered. She looked directly into my eyes before kissing my cheek. "Jerry, your sweet, I don't know why someone would cheat on you. Your adorable and I'm sure if I ever met her... I'd give her a piece of my mind!" She laughed softly. "Okay now I'll ask you something," she said. I nodded. "What do you think of Party Poison?" She asked. I think my facial expression was bad because she raised an eyebrow. "I-uh, Party Poison is cool. I think he's a cool guy." I stuttered. "Mhm..." She sighed dreamily. "Does someone have a crush on a killjoy..?" I teased. Her face went red and she shoved me. "No! Yes! maybe! He's so damn hot..." She laughed. I blushed and smiled. "That's the dad of my kids..." She told me. "Do you think he'd be a good dad?" She asked. "Certain."

"Sorry if this sounds weird but can I have your number? I'd like someone to talk to that's like you," she told me. I nodded immediately and grinned like the love struck idiot I am. She handed me her phone and I punched in the digits. "Now you have an excuse to call me," I winked. She blushed and smirked. "Well lessons are starting soon so I've got to go. It was fun talking to you Jerry!" She grinned. "You too Shay," I smirked and she walked out.

Well part one of the plan is done.