Dragonfire (Bard)

For all your life you have lived with the constant shadow of the dragon"s mountain and for as long as you can remember the dragon has haunted your dreams. It makes no sense, but it feels like you remember what it was like before the dragon came and you remember as clearly as if it happened yesterday what the terror felt like when the dragon came. Of course there is no way that you could have been alive for that, but maybe you can remember things from your past life. Ever since you learned to read you have been researching the lore behind the dragon and the mountain and the dwarves that once lived in that mountain and you wish that some day the dwarves will come back and reclaim they're mountain so that you can live free of fear for the first time in your life.

Your prayers are answered when the dwarves come to Lake Town to reclaim their home. You are now twenty years old and you had all but given up hope when the dwarves came. For years whenever you daydreamed about the dwarves coming and saving you from your nightmares you thought that the dwarves would be short, ugly old men with long beards and no hint of majesty, but when they came you were shocked. Thorin, the heir to the throne and his nephews, Fili and Kili, were all extremely handsome and you fell for the youngest right away. Of course you knew that he must be at least seventy, but you didn't care. When he was made to stay you were ecstatic, but of course you didn't have the nerve to speak with him so you just watched from afar.

For many days they were away, but then one night your worst nightmare came true. The dragon cam down from his mountain and attacked. All of the women and children were evacuated, but you had just enough time to say goodbye to your good friend Bard. as you hugged him tightly ordering him not to die you realized that you loved him. Your heart was beating extremely fast and you didn't want to let go. As you turned to go you decided that this, being, perhaps, the last time you would see him, was as good a time as any to tell him your feelings. You quickly leaned in and at the last minute decided to show him not tell him, and you kissed him. Then you ran to the boat and left.

That night everyone thought that although Bard had killed the dragon he to had died. In the middle of the night while everyone was mourning him he returned. It took until morning for the people to go to sleep and leave him alone and then you approached him. He saw you coming and smiled and you ran over to hug him. You hugged him as tight as you could and he laughed and said "Don't take all my breath away, I need to have some left for kissing." You smiled as he leaned down to kiss you. When you broke apart he grinned at you and said "I think we might need to get a tent. We don't want to get caught in an awkward position."