1 (Chris O'Neill)

Chris's POV

It's not a secret to anyone that y/n and I are into each other. It is a secret, however, that we've been dating for almost 2 months without anyone knowing. Not kissing her while we're at the office is getting harder and harder. I wish I could just walk over to her desk and kiss her.

I look over at her and smile to myself. She's typing away at her computer. She stretches her neck from side to side; a sign her neck hurts. I frown when I realize I can't go over and rub her neck and make her feel better without raising suspicion.

The whole "keep it a secret" thing wasn't just her idea. We'd never hear the end of it if we told everyone. We decided to keep it a secret until we hit our 3 month anniversary.

I hear y/n laugh and I look over at her. She's got her headphones in, and she's resting her cheek on her hand. Her pinky is pulling down on her bottom lip. I think about how much I wish my lips were on hers.

She looks over at me suddenly, gently pulling me out of my daydream about kissing her. I smile at her. She looks around as if she's making sure no one's looking. She then jerks her chin in the direction of the podcast room. It's a small room that used to just house a small desk with some microphones for various podcasts, but now there's another desk, as well as a huge couch that y/n and I often find ourselves on when we want to get away from everyone else. We both go into the room and flop down on the couch. We've decided that we can't show any sign of public affection, so kissing is out of the question.

"Hey," she says when we sit next to each other.

"Hello," I reply in a stupid voice. She laughs, and her voice comes out sounding sleepy.

"I have to leave soon. Like 5:30. I'm babysitting tonight," she says.

"Do you want me to go with you?" I ask, daring to put my arm on the couch behind her.

"Nah, that's okay, it won't be too late."

"Can I... do you want me to come over tonight?" I look at her lips as she responds.

"Of course," she says. "I always want you to come over," she adds, then giggles. She does the thing again with her pinky, resting her elbow on the couch so it's touching my arm. I keep flicking my eyes down at her lips.

"Not kissing you is so hard," I say, lowering my voice to a whisper.

"I know, I want to kiss you so badly," she replies. She looks at my mouth too. "Fuck it," she says. She leans in and kisses me quickly, making all the blood rush to my cheeks. I put a hand on her knee as the kiss deepens.

"I FUCKING KNEW IT," I hear from behind y/n. My eyes shoot open and I look behind her. Vernon is sitting at the new desk in the room, hidden behind massive studio lights. Y/n gasps and turns around.

"Oh, God," I say, putting my hands over my face. Y/n's face is beet red. She turns to me and starts laughing, the sound filling up the room.

"I knew it," Vernon repeats, getting up from his desk and coming over to us. "Sorry to scare you, I just thought you saw me when you came in."

"It's okay," y/n says. Her hand is still on my waist, where it was when she kissed me.

"Just, maybe don't tell anyone. We're waiting a bit longer," I say. y/n looks at me and smiles as Vernon nods.