4 (Matt Watson)

Friends aren't supposed to cuddle like this. At least, that's what I figure. Friends are supposed to sit on opposite ends of the couch and not touch each other. Make funny commentary, sure. But someone's head in another someone's lap with their hands in their hair? No. That's not friendship.

    But, here I am, with my head in Matt's lap. His hand is in my hair, lightly scratching my scalp. His other hand is on my waist, just above where my shirt ends. We're watching some stupid stand-up comedian on Netflix, and we've both silently decided we hate it. I've closed my eyes now, only opening them to see that his eyes are also closed, and his head is propped on the pillow next to him. He's not asleep, though. I can tell by the way his nails are still scratching my head. His other hand has started slowly gliding up and down the dip in my waist. I close my eyes again and sigh contentedly.

    "Y/n..." I open my eyes a bit to see Matt hovering over me. I've moved from my previous position- my head, once on his lap, is now on a pillow on the arm of the couch.

    "Hmm?" I hum out, stretching my arms above my head.

    "You fell asleep. Let's get you to bed."

    "'Kay," I reply. I start getting up, but Matt's arms swoop underneath me and lift me from the couch. I want to tell him it's fine and that I'll surely break his arms, but before I can say anything, he's put me on the bed in his room. He covers me with a blanket and turns to walk out of the room.

    "Night," he says as he turns around.

    "Wait," I say. He turns back to look at me.

    "What?"

    "Where are you going?"

    "Uh, I'm gonna sleep on the couch. Don't worry, you can have my bed tonight."

    "Stay with me."

    He inhales sharply before inching over to the bed.

    "Are you sure?" I nod, then make grabby hands at him. He chuckles before lowering himself into the bed. "Okay... well... goodnight," he says, turning away from me. 

"No no no," I half-whine. He turns again so he's facing me. 

"What now?" He asks with a laugh. 

"I require cuddles." He rolls his eyes and gathers me in his arms. I put my head on his chest and he runs a hand up and down my back.

"I don't think friends are supposed to cuddle like this," he says. 

"Well what if I think we shouldn't be friends anymore?" I reply groggily. 

"What?" He asks, inhaling sharply.

"What I mean is... what if I want to be... like... more than friends so we can do this all the time." 

"Y/n..." He tilts my face up to look at him. Before I can stop myself, I reach up and kiss him. His hand is still in my hair. We pull away for only a moment, just to make sure we're on the same page. Then his lips find mine in the dark again. 

"I love you," he says against my lips. 

"I love you too," I reply.