Chapter 1: Alive Again

Chapter One:

Being on my own with the one I love is utterly amazing.

Since everything that happened my senior year of high school, I've changed. My only friends were the boys. I never left the house and never trusted anyone beside the boys and my mom, Angie.

Oh, and I got all of the blue out of my hair. I miss it. Harry still calls me Smurf, though, even without the blue.

As I sit down at the desk in my apartment I share with Harry and do my homework, I hear a know at the door. I drop my pencil and get up to open it. When I opened the door I was shocked to see who it was.

"Mom?" I squealed. I haven't seen her since fall break and it's spring now. I jumped up and hugged my mom.

"Oh, Diana! I've missed you so much!" She squeezed me then released me. I might be a nineteen year old sophomore in college, but I will always be a momma's little girl.

"Come in!" I stepped aside so mom could walk through the door. As she did, she admired the apartment. It had cream walls and deep wood flooring. It had matching maroon furniture and it was perfect for me and Harry.

"So, you're probably wondering why I'm here!" She said with excitement. I nodded my head as I say down on my couch with mom following. "Well, I actually don't know myself. Harry called and told me to come here because he has an announcement." I looked at my mom with a quizzical look.

"An announcement?" I questioned.

"Yeah, he-" she was cut off by the front door opening, reveling my boyfriend. His emerald green eyes landed on me and my mom and he got a huge smile.

"Angie. I'm so glad you could make it!" Harry hugged my mom and pulled away.

I looked at Harry and smile. We've been together for two years. With him being a year older. I love this boy with every ounce of my body.

"Okay, so you two girl go get dressed and dress nice. We're meeting the boys at a restaurant." He smiled eagerly and pushed us towards mine an Harry's room to get dressed.

About an hour and a half later, all three of us were ready to go. Harry wore a simple white button up shirt and black slacks with black shoes. His hair was styled in a quiff and his emerald eyes shone. My mom word a maroon dress that stopped at her knees with black heels. Her hair was her naturally curly locks and her makeup was simple. I wore a navy blue dress that hugged my body and stopped above my knees, but just barely. It had a cream belt around it and I paired it with cream pumps. I had my hair in a loose elegant bun at the base of my neck and simple makeup as well.

"You look beautiful." Harry said as he walked up and kissed me. I smiled at him.

"And you look handsome, babe." He kissed my forehead and held onto my hand as we followed my mom outside to his Range Rover.

Once we arrived, Harry told me and mom to stay seated. We gave each other weird looks as if asking what he meant. He quickly answered out unspoken question when he opens the door for both of us.

"Always the gentleman, Styles." My mom said as she gave him a peck on the cheek. His face reddened and I chuckled. Harry grabbed my hand and we all walked into the restaurant where we spotted the boys. They didn't have their dates with them. Huh, weird. Liam and Sophia broke up after high school, so it's common that she wasn't around. But Zayn without Perrie and Louis without Eleanor was strange. Especially when we were having a dinner like this. Niall, on the other hand, hasn't had a girlfriend since the bitch played him. And when I say 'bitch', I mean my used to be best friend, Ryan, who only used me to get the boys closer to Gary...

"Diana, you look lovely this evening." Louis greeted as I got within hearing distance. I smiled and replied with a thank you as the boys hugged both me and my mom.

We were eating dinner for about thirty minutes before Harry spoke up.

"Okay, so I have a reason behind all of this." We all looked at him. He looked at me and beamed. He got up from his chair and walked over to me and pulled me out of my chair. He reached into his pocket and pulled out something. Then when he got down on one knee, my heart stopped. I heard my mom gasp. Harry smiled and said,

"Diana Scarlet Reed, will you marry me?"

-----------------------------------------

IM BAAAAAACK!

I can't tell you how much I've missed Diana and Harry. Writing this whole chapter, I literally had a smile on my face the whole time.

So, please read!

Love Tabor. ❤️