3. Meeting The Young Miss

2 weeks later

Bai Li POV
I have been here 2 weeks and am acquainted with all the people here. All of them  are good men and women who make the best of what they have. I had just finished the laundry  and was walking to my room when a sobbing well dressed young Miss ran into me.

Thunk

I hit the floor.
"Watch were you are going !" Said the young lady raising her head, revealing a face almost identical to mine.
"You look just like me!" We exclaimed in unison.
"Who are you!" She demanded. Wow rude much.
"I am the new maid here, my name is Hong", I said, stating the name that the housekeeper had given me after my refusal to give her my birth name. The young miss rested her head in her hand for a second,thinking.

"Hong", she began,"you will now be my personal maid servant." I looked at her in shock. Why me? There are more experienced maids in the household who would all jump at the chance to be the young miss' maid.
"Of course my lady", I replied while bowing low to her," but mast I ask why?"
"Hong, that is easy. I need an educated maid who has manners and most importantly has my petite figure and a similar face!" She stated , already marching down the corridor and into the east courtyard where all of her rooms were situated.

"Sit!" She ordered as we entered her chambers.
"Hong the reason I need you is that my idiotic father has been boasting of my talents playing the guzheng. He has allocated a slot of time each day for me to practice. The problem is that I have a lover and he can only meet me at that time as his job prohibits him from coming at other times. So I need you to fill in for me. No one should come to disturb you however if a visitor comes you will be playing behind a paper screen so no one will see your face. My nursemaid will be inside the room with you, hence why you need to look similar to me. Got it?" She said in one breath. I nodded, grasping the information she had just given me.

"Yes ma'am," I said ,"then it is very fortunate that I can play the Guzheng."
The mistress looked at me and we nodded at each other.
"Go back now, Mrs Gu the housekeeper will be waiting for you."
I turned my back on her and headed back to my room.